Before directly jumping over to the application process, here’s what you need to know and do prior to applying for the PMP Exam:
- It is extremely important that you first understand PMI’s definition of a project.
- You must need to make sure that you meet the eligibility requirements. The eligibility requirements vary according to the level of education of applicants.
Pre-application tips to speed up the application process
Before commencing with the application process, it will be good to have the following items ready and organized:
- Copy of your diploma for the latest degree you have attained.
- Documented proof of your project management training of 35 hours from a R.E.P. (Registered Education Provider).
- A list of your projects with the description and hours for each project. A spreadsheet works perfectly in keeping your projects highly organized.
- Names and the contact information of referred persons who can validate your years of experience and the hours that you have submitted in your application.
How to Apply for the PMP Exam
Step # 1: Become a member by joining online at PMI.org
It is mandatory to become a member of PMI before registering for the PMP test. For PMI members, the cost price to take up the computerized test is 405.00 dollars, but for non-members, the cost price is 555.00 dollars.
Step # 2: Complete the Online Application
The easy and simple way to complete your application process is to use an online PMI certification system. Once you have begun the application process, you will have just 90 days in order to complete it. Otherwise, you will have to start over again. When you have submitted your application, you will be able to come back to the system in order to check on the status of your application.
Step # 3: Wait for Validation of Receipt as well as Completeness of the Application
When you are done with the submission of the application form, PMI will review it for the purpose of checking its completeness level. This might take at least 4 to 5 business days.
Step # 4: Submit Payment
when your application has been completed processed, PMI will request you for payment, which you can do online.
Step # 5: Wait for the Confirmation regarding the Acceptance of Application
After done with the payment submission, your application will be reviewed by PMI for content. After completion of this reviewing stage, you might be called for an audit. But in case you aren’t being audited by PMI, then you will get notified and will be immediately get registered for the PMP test.
Step # 6: Take the Exam!
A computerized test will be held at Prometric sites all over the country. There will be no pre-scheduled breaks during your four hours of examination, but might be able to take a break at any time during the exam.