This Salesforce Administration Essentials for New Admins in Lightning Experience (ADX201) course will give you an overview of Salesforce configuration and administration. You'll learn about Salesforce's Lightning Experience user interface and its features.
During this course, you will learn topics such as user setup, creating custom objects and fields, automations, security, reports and dashboards, data management, and Lightning App Builder.
After completing this course, you should have a solid grasp of the most essential concepts and techniques for adding and maintaining data in Salesforce. There is no prior experience necessary to take this course.
Who should take the Administration Essentials For New Admins course?
This course aims to provide new system administrators with the knowledge and skills to set up, configure, and maintain their organization's Salesforce applications. This course is also suitable for other groups who wish to deepen their understanding of Salesforce, such as power users, sales operations, and IT managers. This course can be delivered either in person or in a virtual classroom.
The virtual classroom option allows participants to save travel costs and time. Both delivery modes include demonstrations, hands-on exercises, individual attention from the instructor, and interaction with other participants. To attend the virtual classroom, participants only need a web browser and a telephone to access the application and the audio.
What will you learn?
By completing this course, you will be able to:
- Customize your application to suit your business needs, including page layouts, fields, tabs, and business processes
- Create a secure Salesforce environment by restricting login access and controlling data access for different users
- Maintain and import clean data by using data management tools and best practices
- Create high-value reports and dashboards to track key business metrics and provide insights for decision making
- Set up workflow automation to streamline and optimize your business processes
This course aligns with the Salesforce Certified Administrator exam and will help you prepare. You will also gain hands-on experience with the application by completing various exercises and projects.
What are the prerequisites to take this course?
To take this course, you must have a basic knowledge of Salesforce concepts and features. You also need to complete the following online courses on help (dot) salesforce (dot) com before attending this course:
- Getting Started: Navigating Salesforce
- Getting Started: Using the Sales Cloud
What are the modules and topics covered in this course?
Getting Around the App
- Understand the data model and navigation
- Find answers in Help & Training
Getting Your Organization Ready for Users
- Set up the company profile
- Configure the user interface
- Set up activities and calendars
- Configure search settings
- Set up Chatter
Setting Up and Managing Users
- Manage user profiles
- Create and manage users
- Troubleshoot user login issues
- Understand SalesforceA capabilities
- Set up Chatter Free and Chatter external users
- Understand Salesforce1 settings
Security and Data Access
- Restrict logins
- Determine object access
- Set up record access
- Manage record access with the role hierarchy
- Deal with record access exceptions
- Control access to events
- Manage field-level security
- Administer standard fields
- Create new custom fields
- Create selection fields: picklists and lookups
- Create formula fields
- Work with page layouts
- Work with record types and business processes
- Maintain data quality
- Import new records using import wizards
- Update existing records with the data loader
- Keep records up to date with Data (dot com) and social accounts and contacts
- Mass transfer records between users
- Back up data with a weekly export
- Mass delete records
Reports and Dashboards
- Run and modify reports
- Create new reports with the report builder
- Filter reports
- Summarize report data with formulas and visual summaries
- Print, export, and email reports
- Build dashboards
- Set up workflow rules and Process Builder
- Automate leads and cases
Managing the Support Process Please note: this topic is available as an online module for participants who attend the virtual classroom.
- Automate the support process
- Understand the Salesforce Console
- Enable collaboration in the Service Cloud
- Analyze support data with reports and dashboards
The bottom line
As a new Salesforce system administrator, you will learn how to set up, customize, and manage them like a pro. You will also join a community of power users, sales operations, and IT administrators eager to learn more about Salesforce and how to use it effectively.
Salesforce is the world's leading CRM platform, growing every day. There's never been a better time to become a Salesforce Administrator and boost your career prospects. If you want to take this course, then CBT Proxy is your best partner. We can help you pass this certification course on your first try. Just click the chat options below to find out how to get started, and one of our guides will contact you.