The AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate (CAA-C02) certification exam is one of the well-known and widely recognized credentials. This certification is designed for IT professionals who perform a Solutions Architect role.
The AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate, validates the essential technical knowledge and skills required to effectively demonstrate your knowledge to architect and deploy secure and robust applications on AWS technologies.
A successful IT professional will have the following capabilities:
- Knowledge to architect and deploy secure and robust applications on AWS technologies.
- Ability to define a solution using architectural design principles based on customer requirements.
- Ability to provide implementation guidance based on best practices to the organization throughout the life cycle of a project.
AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate: Exam Overview
- Certification Level- Associate
- Length of Exam- 130 minutes
- Exam Cost- 150 USD
- Exam Format- 65 multiple-choice or multiple response questions
- Delivery Method- Pearson VUE and PSI; testing center or online proctored exam
What does it take to earn this certification?
To obtain this certification, IT professionals need to take and pass the AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate certification exam (SAA-C02). The exam consists of 65 multiple-choice and multiple-response-based questions. The minimum passing score is 720 on a scale of 100-1000. The exam duration is 130 minutes.
Who should take the AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate exam?
IT professionals with more than one year of hands-on experience designing available, cost-efficient, fault-tolerant, and scalable distributed systems on AWS can take this certification exam online.
Before you sit for the exam, here are some other things you must have:
· One year of hands-on experience with AWS technology, including using compute, networking, storage, and database AWS services and AWS deployment and management services. · Experience deploying, managing, and operating workloads on AWS, as well as implementing security controls and compliance requirements. · Familiarity with using both the AWS Management Console and the AWS Command Line Interface (CLI). · Understanding of the AWS Well-Architected Framework, AWS networking, security services, and the AWS global infrastructure. · Ability to identify which AWS services meet a given technical requirement and to define technical requirements for an AWS-based application.
AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate Exam Domains
The table below lists the exam domains and their percentage of examination. Take a quick at the exam objectives:
- Domain 1: Design Resilient Architectures-30%
- Domain 2: Design High-Performing Architectures-28%
- Domain 3: Design Secure Applications and Architectures-24%
- Domain 4: Design Cost-Optimized Architectures-18%
Domain 1: Design Resilient Architectures
1.1 Design a multi-tier architecture solution 1.2 Design highly available and/or fault-tolerant architectures 1.3 Design decoupling mechanisms using AWS services 1.4 Choose appropriate resilient storage
Domain 2: Design High-Performing Architectures
2.1 Identify elastic and scalable compute solutions for a workload 2.2 Select high-performing and scalable storage solutions for a workload 2.3 Select high-performing networking solutions for a workload 2.4 Choose high-performing database solutions for a workload
Domain 3: Design Secure Applications and Architectures
3.1 Design secure access to AWS resources 3.2 Design secure application tiers 3.3 Select appropriate data security options
Domain 4: Design Cost-Optimized Architectures
4.1 Identify cost-effective storage solutions 4.2 Identify cost-effective compute and database services 4.3 Design cost-optimized network architectures
What is the recertification policy for AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate certification?
The AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate certification is valid for three years from the date you pass your certification exam. After the expiration period, you must recertify and keep your certification updated and active.
You can retake the AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate certification to recertify the certification. In addition, you can use your 50% discount voucher to recertify or apply for any future certification you will want to take.