Information technology (IT) is one of the fastest-growing sectors, with employment expected to increase by 15% from 2021 to 2031. That being said, there are a lot of job opportunities for you in IT.
The demand for skilled IT professionals is also increasing as the IT sector is growing rapidly. On this note, if you have the right skills and expertise, you can find a good job in IT that pays well.
In this blog post, we will discuss the best IT career paths you should consider in 2023.
Cyber security protects computer systems and critical information that malicious attacks, unauthorized access, and data breaches can hack. Today, cyber security has become a very important part of any organization. This is being said because the number of cyber threats is increasing continuously.
On the other hand, if you look at job opportunities with cybersecurity—believe it or not—cyber security is one of the most popular fields of IT, creating a lot of demand for skilled professionals (along with cloud computing).
Here are the best cybersecurity certifications you can opt for:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- CompTIA Security+
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC)
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+)
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
If you are a newbie in IT and want to mark your place, then going with computer support may not be the wrong decision. As a computer support specialist, you will be involved in several tasks, such as troubleshooting, installing and maintaining software and hardware.
Computer support is an excellent career path to master the fundamentals of the IT field and earn experience to be considered for better job positions.
Here are the best computer support certifications you can opt for:
- CompTIA A+
- Google IT Support Professional Certificate:
- Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP):
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certified Cloud Practitioner:
Networks and systems
If you are interested in working with networks or computer systems, becoming a network or systems IT professional would be a good decision. Network IT professionals deal with network-related functions or hardware, such as routers, switches, firewalls, and wireless devices.
Systems IT professionals work with servers and computer systems, such as operating systems, databases, applications, and virtualization. As a network and systems professional, you may have overlapping roles in smaller-scale organizations.
Here are the best networks and systems certifications you can consider earning:
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- CompTIA Network+
- Juniper Networks Certified Associate - Junos (JNCIA-Junos)
- SolarWinds Certified Professional
- VMWare Certified Technical Associate - Network Virtualization (VCTA-NV)
- Aruba Certified Mobility Associate (ACMA)
Software development is the new normal. Software developers develop and design the computer software that we use in our daily lives—for example, your Internet browser and your video or audio streaming apps, to name a few. Software is used in every organization or domain, such as finance, healthcare, banking and technology.
Here are the best software development certifications you can consider earning:
- AWS Certified Developer
- WS Certified DevOps Engineer
- Google Cloud Professional Developer
- Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD)
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Developer Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Azure DevOps Engineer Expert
- Certified Scrum Developer (CSD)
- Certified Software Development Professional (CSDP)
- Certified Java Developer
- Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE Programmer
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- CompTIA Secure Coder:
Now comes the most popular and common IT career that you can pursue - Web Development. Web developers are the people who develop and design websites and apps such as WhatsApp, Spotify, YouTube, etc. For example, this CBT proxy website, on which you are reading this blog post, was created by a web developer.
Depending on their skills and preferences, web developers work on different parts of a website or app. To be specific, some of them are front-end developers, and some of them are back-end developers. Each developer has their own set of duties and skills.
Here are the best web development certifications you can consider earning:
- Certified Web Developer (W3C)
- Certified Professional in Web Accessibility (CPWA)
- Certified Front-End Developer (CFED)
- Certified Full Stack Web Developer (CFSD)
- Oracle Certified Professional, Java EE Web Developer
- Zend Certified PHP Engineer
- Cisco DevNet Associate
- CompTIA Web Developer
- React Developer Certification
According to Global Knowledge, cloud computing is one of the most sought-after technology areas in IT. When we think of cloud computing, we may picture cloud engineers using cloud software platforms such as Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud to store, process, and distribute data and applications over the Internet. As a cloud engineer, you must learn programming skills to work on these platforms.
Here are the best cloud computing certifications you can consider earning:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) Solutions Architect - Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals
- Google Associate Cloud Engineer
- IBM Certified Technical Advocate - Cloud v3
- Cloud Security Alliance: Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge (CCSK)
The bottom line
There, you have it! As we see, there are vast employment opportunities in technology. As a candidate, you can find many jobs in the job market. But to be considered among other candidates, you must first earn hands-on experience and relevant certifications.
In this post, we have covered various career paths and certification options. You can choose any career path as per your interests and career goals. Also, you can earn related certifications with the desired career option.
If you want to take any certification (mentioned in this post), then CBT Proxy can help you crack the exam on the first attempt. To learn more about how to get started, click the chat button, and one of our advisors will contact you shortly.