CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) Certification
CompTIA CASP+ certification is an advanced-level and vendor-neutral cybersecurity credential, validating knowledge and skills on a wide range of technology topics, including cybersecurity.
The CASP+ certification is ideal for security architects and senior security engineers, leading and improving a company’s cybersecurity readiness. Apart from that, the CASP+ credential is a hands-on and performance-based certification for advanced practitioners.
So often, CASP+ professionals identify what cybersecurity framework and policies should be applied and figure out how to implement possible cybersecurity solutions within those pre-fixed policies and frameworks.
CompTIA CASP+ certification is ideal for the following job roles:
- Security Engineers and Architects
- Application Security Engineers
- Technical Lead Analyst
Unlike other cybersecurity certifications requiring a minimum of years of practical experience in order to take the exam, there are no prerequisites for the CASP+ certification.
However, CompTIA recommends having a minimum of 10 years of experience in IT administration with a minimum of 5 years of hands-on technical security experience.
About the Exam
Exam code - CAS-003 Number of questions - Maximum of 90 questions Type of questions - Performance-based and multiple choice Length of test - 165 minutes Passing score - The CASP+ exam has no scaled score; it is pass or fail only. Languages - English and Japanese
CASP+ Exam Objectives
- Validating advanced-level competency risk in the organization, along with security architecture, integration, and security operations.
- Identifying industry risk and risk mitigation techniques
- Focusing on risk analysis and mitigation of cyber defense in order to meet the organizational goals
- Including security factors of mobile and other software
- Conducting security assessments using available tools
- Cloud and virtualization with security
- Executing cryptographic techniques, blockchain crypto currency, and mobile device encryption
Skills You Will Learn
The CASP+ exam is known to provide technical knowledge of enterprise security, risk management, policy and framework, analysis and research, and business understanding.
As a certified CASP+ professional will have the below-mentioned skills:
- Achieve Compliance with the Latest Data Privacy Regulations
- Application Security Engineering
- Cybersecurity Architecture
- Cybersecurity Engineering
- Enterprise Cybersecurity
- Enterprise Security Operations
- Hybrid Cloud and Multi-cloud Cybersecurity
- Research And Development
- Resilient Enterprise Solutions
- Risk Management
- Risk Management Cybersecurity Architecture
- Secure Enterprise Architecture
- Secure Virtualization
- Security Operations Center (SOC) Operations
- Technical Auditor
- Technical Leadership
CompTIA CASP+ Job Roles and Salary Information
There is a wide range of job roles available for certified CASP+ professionals. As cyber threats are increasing, the need for cybersecurity experts is also high in demand.
Many organizations want to improve and secure their data, giving significant salary packages to high-end professionals. The average salary as a certified CASP+ professional you can expect is around $92,000.
Please note that the salary numbers can be different according to your technical skills and mastery.
Take a quick look at the job roles you might want to take on:
- Cyber Security Analyst
- Information Security Manager
- Systems Administrator
- Information Security Engineer
- Information Technology (IT) Manager
- Information Assurance Analyst
- Network Engineer
- Software Engineer
- Information Assurance Engineer
- Information Assurance Manager
- Senior Security Consultant
- Project Manager, Information Technology (IT)
- Information Systems (IS) Manager
- Security Manager, IT
- Security Consultant
- Information Security Specialist
- Security Architect, IT
Want to Take the CASP+ Exam Online?
Knowing that the CASP+ certification can add significant value to your IT career, you would probably want to take the exam. The CASP+ is the most requested IT certification exam.
If you are willing to take the plunge, CBT Proxy can help you get your certification on the first attempt only. We work on a pay-after-you-pass model, which means you will be asked to pay the fees after you pass ―which is 100% guaranteed― your certification exam.
To know more about the proxy exam pattern and how CBT Proxy can help you get your CASP+ certification in your hands, contact us today!