After putting in all the efforts, the day you have been waiting for arrives. You might be very excited about the exam. But ignoring several exam day rules can lead to your exam cancellation. The exam is conducted both offline and online. But the basic rules remain the same for both of them.
So, you must know in advance what you need to carry along, what material to avoid, arrival time, how far your exam center is, how you will get there, and all precautions you need to follow to avoid any last-minute chaos.
Exam Day Identification
You will only be allowed to enter the test center if you have a current and government-issued ID. It should bear your name, signature, and photograph, and the information on the ID should not be handwritten. Acceptable forms of identification include:
- Driver’s license
- Green card
- Military ID
- State identity card (non-driver license)
- National identification card
- Permanent resident card
If there is any doubt about your identification, the testing center can ask for more proof. If anything suspicious is found, you can be barred from taking the exam and ISACA is notified about the same. If this happens, your exam will be canceled, your exam fee is fortified, and you need to register again to appear for the exam at a future date.
Signed identification card (with photo and signature), such as passport, driver’s license, green card, state identity card, exam ticket.
Exam Arrival Time
You must reach the exam center on time. If you are late by more than 15 minutes or have ID issues, you will be denied entry. In such a scenario, you will lose your exam registration fees also. So it is highly recommended to know the exact location of your testing center, how much time you need to reach there, and what route you will follow before the exam date. Also, if you have not scheduled an appointment during the selected testing window, you will lose your fees.
There are two types of testing centers: PSI testing center: Around the world, PSI test centers are proctored onsite. PSI testing kiosk: These are remotely proctored testing stations. You will be monitored with three digital cameras, an on-screen chat window, and a microphone.
During the test, the proctors will communicate with you. The exam will be paused whenever an unauthorized activity or person is detected on any video recording or audio perceived by built-in microphones.
Testing Center Rules
PSI testing center:
- You go to the pre-allotted PSI test center location.
- Onsite test proctor verifies your identity and performs other security checks.
- You are assigned a testing seat.
- You take the examination under the vigilance of the onsite test proctor.
PSI testing kiosk:
- You go to a PSI testing kiosk location.
- At the assigned time, you log in.
- The remote test proctor verifies your identity and conducts other security checks.
- You take the examination under the vigilance of the remote test proctor.
Exam Day Rules
You will be allotted a personal locker to store essentials like your wallet or car keys, but you will not be able to access individual items until the exam is complete and submitted.
Rules that you need to follow during the exam day:
- You cannot carry reference materials, paper, notepads, or language dictionaries with you.
- You cannot bring or use a calculator during the exam.
- You cannot bring any communication, surveillance or recording devices such as mobile phones, tablets, smartwatches or glasses, mobile devices, and headphones/earbuds. If you are spotted using any of these devices, your exam will be voided, and you have to leave the exam immediately.
- You cannot bring the baggage of any kind, including handbags, purses, briefcases, weapons, tobacco products, or food or beverages.
- Visitors are not allowed in the testing center.
- You cannot share test questions or other sensitive information in the exam with anyone.
- You are not allowed to appear for the exam on behalf of anyone else.
- You need to get authorized by the test proctor before leaving the test area. The exam will be paused, and if the cause of the interruption is not confirmed as an emergency, your test will end. If you leave without authorization, you will not be allowed to re-enter.
- You may leave the testing area after authorization from a proctor. But you need to check out and check in again when you re-enter the testing area. Also, you will not get any extra time to complete the exam.
Condition for Leaving the Testing Area
You cannot leave the test area without gaining authorization from the test proctor. Along with this, you should know about circumstances under which you can be allowed to leave.
In case of Emergency
Suppose you fail to arrive for the exam due to your or your immediate family member’s serious illness, the demise of your immediate family member or an accident. In that case, you can reschedule the exam within the same testing window. You must contact PSI within 72 hours and submit the required documents to confirm the reason for your absence. If your request is refused, you need to register again and pay the complete exam registration fees.
To utilize the Facilities
You check out after taking permission from the authorized test proctor. The exam continues, and you do not get extra time to complete the exam. For remotely proctored exams, you are required to show your photo ID again and rescan your room.
Reason for Disqualification
Suppose you are found violating the exam day rules or engaging in any misconduct. In that case, you are subject to disqualification, exam voiding, and cancellation of ISACA membership or any other certifications you are holding. The testing agency will report the entire matter to ISACA for review before reaching a final decision.
You will be subjected to dismissal if you violate the exam rules mentioned above.
The Final Words
The exam day rules discussed here will help you take all the necessary precautions to avoid any misconduct from your side leading to exam cancellation.
These rules are a single aspect of clearing the CISA exam and getting certification. If you want to know more about it, you can visit the following links:
Beginner-friendly Guide to CISA Certification CISA Exam Registration Process Best Study Material for CISA Exam How to Prepare for CISA Exam