CISA certification is highly beneficial for your career growth. It is an internationally recognized certification that opens the door to global job opportunities and is an investment of a lifetime.
But several questions might arise about CISA registration, such as to how to register for it, what information must be submitted, how to obtain ISACA membership to reap students' benefits, exam fees, and several other questions that prove to hinder completing your registration process with ease.
Here I have covered detailed information about this topic, and also there are links to several other exam-related topics that will help you clear your doubts about this certification.
CISA Exam Registration
You need to visit the ISACA website to register for the exam. Membership is not necessary to take the exam. Yet having ISACA membership is beneficial as you enjoy several cost-saving benefits. If you are not a member and have applied for the membership while filling the form, input ‘pending’ in the line for ISACA membership ID.
Basic steps to follow to register:
- Login to your profile at the official ISACA website
- Once logged in, select the certificate you wish to take the exam for
- Scroll down to register for the exam section, click on register now and fill out the registration form
- Once you fill out the form, checkout to complete the registration process
- You can immediately select the pay later option. In this case, an invoice will be sent to you at the registered email address
- Once the payment for the exam is completed, it will take upto 24 hours to schedule your exam
Here is a Complete Guide to Filling out the Form
Name: Enter your legal name as on government-issued ID in the following format: first name, middle name, last, or family name.
Certifications: List all the credentials you have.
Residence and Business Details:
- Enter your residential address. Correctly add street address, city, state, country, and postal code in the mentioned fields.
- Enter residential phone numbers with proper are, country, and international dialing codes.
- Enter your business name, address, phone and fax number, and email address in the appropriate fields. All the registration details, admission tickets, exam results, and other correspondence will be done through this email address.
- Check the correct send mail option. It is here that all CISA exam-related information will be mailed.
- Enter your birth year, employment field, and educational qualifications.
- Enter the number of years of work experience and information related to your current job.
CISA Registration – Exam Details
- Select preferred language of the exam.
- Select the city from the test center list. Enter the name of the city and corresponding code. It will show the exam location where you have to reach for the exam on the admission ticket.
- Select how you come to know about the CISA certification exam from the following:
- ISACA international mailing
- Chapter mailing
- ISACA website
- Chapter website
- A colleague (co-worker)
- A colleague (non-co-worker)
- Social media platform
CISA Registration – Yes or No?
If you wish to be notified about your exam status via the email address provided during registration, enter Y for yes and if not, enter N.
Enter Y for yes and N for no for whether CISA certification is mandatory for your job role or promotion.
CISA Registration – Signature
Do not forget to sign; otherwise, you won’t be eligible to sit in the exam.
CISA Registration – CISA Fees
Though you can register offline and online, it is recommended to pay online. You can easily register for the exam online buy study material and ISACA membership that instantly makes you eligible for several exam-related discounts. Also, you save money if you pay online.
CISA Certification Costs
- Member: $175
- Non-member: NA
- Member: $575
- Non-member: $760
Mail-in Application Charge:
- Member: $75
- Non-member: $75
- Member: $200
- Non-member: $200
Certificate Application Fee:
- Member: $50
- Non-member: $50
Certificate Maintenance Fee:
- Member: $45
- Non-member: $85
- Member: $450
- Non-member: $450
CISA Registration – Eligibility Criteria
All individuals with an interest and experience in information systems, audit, control, and security can take this exam. Once the exam is cleared, the necessary information is sent to the registered email address to apply for the certification. To submit your CISA certification application, you must have a minimum of 5 years of work experience as per the CISA job practice areas.
- You can claim a maximum of three years of waiver in work experience.
- 1 year of experience can be substituted if you have 1 year of information systems experience or 1 year of experience in non-IS auditing.
- 1 to 2 years of experience can be substituted if you hold 60 to 120 completed university semester credit hours, which are equivalent to a 2-year or 4-year degree.
- A university’s bachelor’s or master’s degree following ISACA curriculum-based syllabus can substitute for 1 year of experience. However, if you have already claimed an experience waiver of 3 years, you are not eligible for this 1-year waiver.
- If you hold a master’s degree in information security or technology from an accredited university, you can claim a waiver of 1 year of experience.
CISA Registration – Admission Ticket
You will be mailed the admission ticket 2-3 weeks before the exam date to the email address you entered while registering. All candidates need to download their copy and carry its printed or downloaded version to the test center to enter the exam.
Your ticket bears the exam registration date, time, and location. It also indicates a list of events and items you need to carry with you. Please do not write anything on your admission ticket.
Read more about Exam Day Rules
CISA Registration – Exam Dates
Every year CISA certification exam is held three times. In June, December, and at a few selected locations in September. To prepare thoroughly for the exam, you must first decide when you would like to appear for the exam.
You can make registration changes within 1-2 weeks after the final registration date. Paying a processing fee of $50 or a $100 deferral can be arranged. You can apply for a refund before the final registration date.
CISA Registration – Exam Schedule
By visiting the official ISACA website, you must keep yourself updated about the exam dates, deferrals, refund policy, and any last-minute changes.
The Final Words
After going through the entire write-up, one thing must be clear to you, i.e., like all international certifications, this too has exam registration fees. However, all the details have been covered that guide you to reduce CISA registration, study material, and certification maintenance fee.
All this information is bound to help you cut your costs and assist you in getting ahead with the registration process and getting certified.