ISACA (Information Systems Audit and Control Association) has officially announced to conduct live remote proctoring for the CISA online exam. You can take the exam from the comfort of your home, at a date and time that is most suitable for you.
It offers time, convenience, and flexibility to take the test. Also, you can take the exam by visiting the exam center if you wish to do so. You do not have to pay any additional fees for the online exam.
It is an initiative to introduce new remote education opportunities to students to update their skills and fulfill their career goals even when they cannot appear for an in-person exam.
You will get proctored by ISACA’s exam vendor PSI via video. However, only a limited number of candidates will be proctored to ensure the security and authenticity of these exams. You can select the live proctoring option while registering for the exam.
This step has been taken to assure candidates do not get deprived of getting certified due to several unavoidable natural calamities or pandemics.
ISACA is offering live proctoring for CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor), CISM (Certified Information Security Manager), CRISC (Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control), and CGEIT (Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT).
CISA Online Exam Remote Set up
- Third-party proctoring service provider PSI will monitor the exam.
- You need to download and install software for a virtual remote meeting.
- The proctor will have access to your computer and tell you to close all other browsers tabs and disable screen capturing facilities.
- You will need to perform a 360-degree scanning of your work area to let them see the physical surroundings. For this, you need to turn slowly in a circle using your webcam, and if any issues are found, you need to rectify them before the exam.
- Usage of multiple monitors is not allowed. If detected, you need to unplug it and remove from the testing area or turn it around.
- Any paper, such as bills or flyers lying on your table or nearby surface, should be removed.
- If present in the testing area, the television needs to be turned off and covered.
- You cannot wear any ornament on your wrist except a medical ID bracelet. If they find any additional item, you have to remove it immediately.
- Before the test, the proctor will visually inspect a few permitted comfort aid items.
- You cannot have access to pen and paper.
- You are not allowed to talk loud or even slowly. You might find it difficult as there are lengthy questions that you need to read out loud to understand.
The Final Words
After having a glimpse of how to take the CISA online exam, you now have a fair understanding of what it will be like. Remote proctoring has both positive and negative aspects associated with it. You enjoy the convenience of taking an exam from your home or anywhere else at a time of your choice. But you need to sacrifice your privacy as your entire area and computer are scanned by the proctor.
However, the final decision is up to you. You can opt for either an in-person exam or a remote online proctored exam according to your convenience.
It is only a glimpse of what the CISA certification exam is all about, and there are several other aspects associated with it that you must know. You can have a complete know-how of this exam by reading related articles:
What is CISA Certification Everything you Need to Know? How to Become Eligible for CISA Certification? What is CISA Exam Pass Rate? CISA Certification Exam Day Rules How to Register for CISA Exam? Top 30 CISA Exams FAQs you Need to Know.