The ISTQB Advanced Level Technical Test Analyst (CTAL-TTA) certification introduces the technical testing skills essential in many organizations today. These skills encompass risk-based testing, white box testing, static and dynamic analysis, non-functional testing, and test automation.
The ISTQB Advanced Level Technical Test Analyst certification course is suitable for experienced professionals who have mastered software testing fundamentals and completed the ISTQB Foundation Level Course.
The ISTQB CTAL-TTA certification indicates that certified Technical Test Analysts have advanced technical software testing skills and better understand programming than other testers. The ISTQB CTAL-TTA certification enables testers to acquire the ability to perform more than just black-box testing but to apply engineering concepts to an application or product from a technical testing perspective.
What is the ISTQB CTAL-TTA certification?
The ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level Technical Test Analyst (CTAL-TTA) certification is an advanced-level certification for software testing professionals. The CTAL-TTA certification targets those who perform the role of Software test architect, automation experts, and professionals with a solid testing background. The Advanced Level qualification is also appropriate for anyone who desires a deeper understanding of software testing, such as project managers, quality managers, software development managers, business analysts, IT directors, and management consultants.
High-level topics in the Advanced Technical Test Analyst exam syllabus include:
- Risk-based testing
- Structure-based testing
- Analytical techniques
- Quality characteristics for technical testing
- Test tools and automation
The ISTQB advanced level exam is a valuable certification for IT professionals with at least two years of work experience in software testing. It is not a simple exam but a rigorous assessment of your skills and knowledge in this domain.
To prepare for this exam, you need to follow a systematic approach. You must thoroughly study the syllabus content, consult the additional study materials (provided below), and practice with numerous sample questions. You also need to have a strong aptitude for problem-solving, involving analytical thinking, creativity, and coding skills. These competencies will distinguish you from other candidates and enhance your career prospects.
This exam is not something to be afraid of but rather an opportunity to showcase your abilities and potential. You need to have a positive mindset and a willingness to face some difficult questions. When you pass this exam, you will be rewarded for your efforts and hard work. Therefore, we encourage you to start your preparation as soon as possible and get ready to achieve your career goals!
No. of questions: 45 Total points: 78 Passing score: 51 Exam time: 120
To earn the ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level Technical Test Analyst (CTAL-TTA) certification exam, you should meet the following prerequisites:
- ISTQB Foundation Level certification (recommended but not mandatory)
- Familiarity with software testing fundamentals and concepts
- Proficiency in software testing tools and processes
- Comprehensive understanding of software development life cycle
- Familiarity with the concepts of test estimation and planning
- Familiarity with defect lifecycle management
- Comprehensive understanding of different test techniques and methodologies
- Practical experience in software testing
ISTQB Technical Test Analyst Syllabus Topics:
The ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level Technical Test Analyst (CTAL-TTA) certification exam covers the following exam domains. Have a quick look:
The Technical Test Analyst's Tasks in Risk-Based Testing Risk-based testing tasks
White-Box Test Techniques
- Statement testing
- Decision testing
- Modified condition/decision testing
- Multiple condition testing
- API testing
- Selecting a white-box test technique
Static and Dynamic Analysis
- Static analysis
Quality Characteristics for Technical Testing
- General planning issues
- Security testing
- Reliability testing
- Performance testing
- Maintainability testing
- Portability testing
- Compatibility testing
- Technical test analyst tasks in reviews
- Using checklists in reviews
Test Tools and Automation
- Defining the test automation project
- Specific test tools
Who can take the ISTQB CTAL-TTA certification?
The ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level Technical Test Analyst (CTAL-TTA) certification program is designed for software testers, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers, software development engineers in test (SDETs), security specialists, and automation engineers. Professionals from all domains of software testing, ranging from advanced technical test automation to test management, are eligible for this program.
The ISTQB CTAL-TTA certification course aims at those professionals who aspire to acquire in-depth knowledge in test automation and who wish to attain the highest level certifications and be the best in their field. The ISTQB CTAL-TTA certification program also offers a valuable refresher for those with experience and knowledge in test automation but may need to enhance their skill set.
A candidate who has achieved the Advanced Level Technical Test Analyst certification should be able to:
- Recognize and classify the typical risks associated with software systems' performance, security, reliability, portability, and maintainability.
- Provide technical elements to the planning, design, and execution of tests for mitigating performance, security, reliability, portability, and maintainability risks.
- Select and apply appropriate white-box test techniques to ensure that tests provide adequate confidence based on design coverage.
- Effectively participate in reviews with developers and software architects applying knowledge of typical defects in the code and architecture.
- Improve the quality characteristics of code and architecture by using different analysis techniques.
- Outline the costs and benefits expected from introducing particular types of test automation.
- Select appropriate tools to automate technical testing tasks.
- Understand the technical issues and concepts in applying test automation.
What are the benefits of ISTQB CTAL-TTA certification?
Benefits for organizations
ISTQB® certification provides significant benefits to employers by supporting the recruitment, retention, and development of testing professionals within the organization:
- Competitive advantage by enhancing the confidence of clients in your business through a higher level of reliability of the applications being developed due to efficient and cost-effective testing practices.
- Consulting companies with certified staff can deliver higher-level services to customers, increasing revenues and brand value.
- Common language and understanding of testing throughout the organization to improve collaboration and working practices.
- Access to the ISTQB® Partner Program.
Benefits for professionals
ISTQB® is the international standard in the field of software testing certification. Whether you are just starting a career in testing or have been in the field for several years, earning an ISTQB® certification offers significant benefits:
- An independent, internationally-recognized validation of skills that employers trust
- Portable evidence of ability for both current and future employment
- Career progression support through the advancement of testing skills
- Enhanced professional credibility
Why earn the ISTQB certification?
High-quality syllabus: Leading testing professionals from academia and industry develop and review all syllabi.
Global recognition: Certifications are recognized globally because of the consistent application of ISTQB policies and procedures by the member boards.
Common language: The ISTQB Glossary provides a common professional vocabulary.
Objectivity: ISTQB assesses tester capabilities independently and objectively verifies competencies.
**Encourage adherence to a Code of Ethics: ISTQB recommends all ISTQB-certified testers adhere to the Code of Ethics defined by ISTQB.
Public Availability: ISTQB glossary and syllabi are freely available on the ISTQB website and the Member Board websites in local languages.
Openness: ISTQB materials are developed voluntarily and are open to contributions from anybody interested in joining ISTQB working groups
Independence: The not-for-profit nature of ISTQB ensures that content is not constrained by particular methodologies or technologies and can draw on best practices from various sources.
Continuous improvement: Syllabus and other documents are continuously being improved to meet the needs of business organizations worldwide and keep pace with the profession's development.
Professional standing: Being certified provides advantages for individuals and organizations by ensuring that testing professionals meet the high standards set by the ISTQB.
The final say
The ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level Technical Test Analyst (CTAL-TTA) certification course aims to equip technical testing professionals with the knowledge and skills to plan, design, and execute advanced technical tests. The ISTQB CTAL-TTA certification course emphasizes a risk-based approach to software testing, and it covers topics such as non-functional testing, security testing, user acceptance testing, and automated testing. It also provides an overview of modern software development processes, such as agile and waterfall, and how to use them for software testing.
Are you planning to take the ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level Technical Test Analyst (CTAL-TTA) certification exam and need a reliable proxy exam center? CBT Proxy is here to help you! We have been helping IT professionals achieve their desired certifications for over a decade. To learn more about the ISTQB CTAL-TTA certification exam, chat with us by clicking the WhatsApp or Telegram icon at the bottom of the page. One of our guides will contact you and assist you shortly.