If you want to sell more and faster, you need a tool to help you easily create and manage quotes. That’s what Salesforce CPQ does. It lets you customize your products, set prices, and generate professional quotes in minutes.
Salesforce CPQ is not just a tool; it’s a skill. And if you want to prove your skill, you can take the Salesforce Certified CPQ Specialist certification exam. The Salesforce CPQ certification shows you know how to use the tool to make your sales process more efficient and effective.
To get certified, you must pass an exam covering everything from product configuration to proposal generation. It’s not easy, but it’s worth it. By passing the exam, you can demonstrate to your employers and customers that you are a Salesforce CPQ expert and can help them grow their business.
With Salesforce CPQ, you can do more than just make quotes. You can also track the whole selling process and deliver your products or services. This is different from the essential features that Salesforce offers. If you want to know more about how Salesforce CPQ works, continue reading this blog.
What is the Salesforce CPQ Specialist certification exam?
The Salesforce CPQ Specialist certification validates the expertise of individuals who have implemented the Salesforce CPQ solution. This certification is intended for Salesforce customers, partners, and employees who can design, build, and execute quoting processes using the Salesforce CPQ platform. By earning this certification, Salesforce CPQ Specialists will have proven their competence in creating bundle configurations, pricing, output documents, and renewals and amendments.
About the exam
Here are the Salesforce CPQ Specialist certification exam details. Take a quick look:
Exam questions: 60 multiple-choice/multiple-select questions and 5 unscored questions* Exam duration: 105 minutes (time allows for unscored questions) Passing score: 65% Registration fee: USD 200
There are no mandatory prerequisites for the Salesforce CPQ certification exam. Anyone can register for the exam, irrespective of their experience level or knowledge of the Salesforce platform. However, it is advisable to have a basic understanding of cloud computing concepts and technologies, as the Salesforce CPQ platform is a cloud-based tool. It is also helpful to have some exposure to sales processes and CRM (customer relationship management) systems.
The Salesforce CPQ Specialist certification is designed for individuals proficiently using the Salesforce CPQ platform and CPQ terminology and can troubleshoot and resolve fundamental platform issues. The typical Salesforce CPQ Specialist certification candidate has one year of experience in a CPQ Specialist role. The candidate has knowledge and skills in the following areas related to the Salesforce CPQ solution:
- Configure bundles (Features, Options, Option Constraints, Configuration Attributes) and Product Rules.
- Configure Price Rules using lookup objects and formula fields, and understand quote calculation sequence and Quote Line pricing fields.
- Given a scenario, identify the appropriate pricing method (Discount Schedules, Block Prices, Contracted Prices, subscription pricing, percent-of-total).
- Configure a dynamic Quote Template using Quote Terms, Line Columns, Template Sections, and Template Content.
- Generate renewal and amendment Quotes.
- Troubleshoot and solve basic Price Rules, Product Rules, pricing issues, and data flow.
- Utilize the ordering and contracting processes.
- Set up Products, Price Books, and Price Book Entries.
- Configure user permissions, record types, page layouts, and fieldsets.
- Familiarity with native and Advanced Approvals.
- Knowledgeable about CPQ object data model (object relationships, twin fields, data migration, localization).
- Knowledgeable about CPQ package level settings and managed package considerations.
- Configure Search Filters and Custom Actions for product selection and configuration.
- Utilize Composite Summary Variable.
A candidate for this exam will likely need assistance with the following:
- Block with Discount Schedule
- Nested bundles
- Parent Quote Terms
- Advanced grouping of Quote Template line items
- Advanced Quote Template topics
A candidate for this exam is not expected to know or do the following:
- CPQ plug-ins
- Custom Template Content
- Target URL in Custom Actions
- Integration to third-party web apps
- Salesforce Billing
- Subscription Management
- Legacy data handling
Job roles for Salesforce CPQ Specialists
The Salesforce Certified CPQ Specialist certification suits professionals working with the Salesforce CPQ platform in various capacities. Some typical job roles that can benefit from this certification are IT, Sales Ops, Technical Architect, Implementation Consultant, Services, Product Manager, and Pricing Manager. These roles involve using the Salesforce CPQ solution to configure, price, and quote products and services for different business needs and scenarios.
Exam Overview The Salesforce CPQ Specialist exam assesses a candidate’s ability and skills in the following domains. A candidate should have practical experience with CPQ and demonstrate knowledge and competence in the domains below:
CPQ Platform: 23%
- Design, configure, and troubleshoot Price Rules using lookup objects and formula fields to meet business requirements.
- Apply understanding of quote calculation sequence and Quote Line pricing fields to meet the pricing and business requirements.
- Utilize out-of-the-box and custom permissions, record types, field sets, and page layouts to ensure users can fulfill their job requirements.
- Given a business process, demonstrate knowledge of CPQ data flow (e.g., twin fields) across CPQ objects.
- Demonstrate knowledge about the CPQ object data model related to data migration.
- Set up CPQ for localization and multi-currency for international customers and users.
- Given a scenario, determine the necessary CPQ package-level settings.
- Determine how the CPQ-managed package fits within a Salesforce org.
Bundle Configurations: 17%
- Given a scenario, set up a bundle structure to meet business requirements.
- Given a scenario, set up Product Rules to meet business requirements.
- Given a scenario, identify the appropriate pricing strategy (Discount Schedules, Block Prices, Contracted Prices, subscription pricing, percent-of-total).
- Given a scenario, determine expected pricing outcomes.
Quote Templates: 7%
- Given a scenario, set up a Quote Template to meet business requirements.
Product Selection: 7%
- Given a scenario, use Search Filters, field sets, and Custom Actions to enable product selection and configuration.
Orders, Contracts, Amendments, and Renewals: 15%
- Demonstrate understanding of the data required to generate Orders and Contracts.
- Demonstrate understanding of generating renewal and amendment Quotes to meet business requirements.
- Given a scenario, recommend when to use Orders, Contracts, Subscriptions, and Assets to meet business requirements.
- Demonstrate how to set up Products, Price Books, and Price Book Entries.
- Demonstrate how product catalog setup impacts overall CPQ data flow.
- Select and set up native or Advanced Approvals to meet business requirements.
Should you get the Salesforce CPQ certification?
The Salesforce CPQ Certification can be a good idea for many people and businesses. It shows you can use Salesforce CPQ to make and manage quotes well. This can make you more skilled and attractive to employers. The Salesforce CPQ certification can also help you grow your career and find new opportunities.
Is Salesforce CPQ certification challenging?
The Salesforce CPQ certification exam is a demanding test that requires a solid grasp of the Salesforce CPQ solution and its technical aspects. The difficulty of the exam may vary depending on how much experience and knowledge you have with the Salesforce CPQ solution. The Salesforce CPQ certification exam covers several key topics, including product configuration and pricing, quoting and contracting, and CPQ platform implementation and customization.
To pass the Salesforce Certified CPQ certification exam, you can use these resources:
- Salesforce Certified CPQ Specialist Exam Guide: This guide gives you an overview of the exam, including the exam objectives, format, and suggested study resources. You can find the guide on the Salesforce Certification website.
- Trailhead: Salesforce offers a range of CPQ Specialist Trailhead modules to help you study for the exam. These modules teach you product configuration, pricing, quoting, and orders. You can access these modules for free on the Salesforce Trailhead website.
- Salesforce CPQ Specialist Study Group: Salesforce offers an online study group for CPQ Specialist certification. This group, led by Salesforce Certified Instructors, is designed to help you prepare for the exam through weekly online sessions.
- Practice Tests: Practice tests are a great way to check your readiness for the exam and identify your strengths and weaknesses. You can find practice tests on websites such as ExamsEmpire or Test Prep Training.
The final verdict
The Salesforce Certified CPQ Specialist certification is one of the best ways for specialists working on the entire project lifecycle of CPQ implementations to validate their existing knowledge gained from the hands-on work while acquiring some new insights.
Salesforce CPQ is a tool that helps you create and manage quotes faster and easier. It was made by Salesforce after they bought another company called Steelbrick CPQ. If you want to use this tool well, you must get certified. The certification shows that you can handle different kinds of quotes and orders.
If you want to take the Salesforce Certified CPQ Specialist certification exam, look no further! CBT Proxy is one of the leading proxy exam providers in the world, helping IT professionals pass their desired IT certification on the first attempt only. To learn more about the CPQ Specialist exam, click the chat options below, and our guides will contact you shortly.
Q. What does a Salesforce CPQ Specialist do? A. A Salesforce CPQ Specialist knows how to use Salesforce CPQ Solutions to create solutions that support the business process, solve basic platform issues, and troubleshoot.
Q. How can I become a Salesforce CPQ Specialist? A. You can earn the Salesforce Certified CPQ Specialist certification. The certification is the ideal way to become a Salesforce CPQ Specialist, as it is designed for professionals who implement CPQ and prepares them to handle complex business models and requirements.
Q. How much does it cost to take the Salesforce CPQ certification exam? A. The fee for taking the Salesforce CPQ certification exam is $200. To retake the exam, you have to pay $100.
Q. What are the requirements for the Salesforce CPQ Course? A. There are no specific requirements for learning Salesforce CPQ. This course is open to anyone who wants to work in the Salesforce CPQ domain.
Q. How can I pass the Salesforce CPQ Specialist exam? A. To pass the Salesforce CPQ Specialist certification exam on your first try, you can —if you want to—take the help of a proxy service exam provider.