ServiceNow is a leading cloud-based IT management platform that helps businesses run smoothly. ServiceNow certifications are valuable credentials that can boost your career prospects.
Technology is advancing rapidly; businesses need the latest tools and applications to work efficiently and accurately. ServiceNow is one of these tools that help businesses manage their IT infrastructure and services on a cloud-based platform. IT professionals can explore this field and get the ServiceNow Application Developer certification to enhance their career prospects.
What is the ServiceNow CAD certification?
This ServiceNow Certified Application Developer (CAD) certification exam tests the ability and knowledge of candidates to create applications that solve business challenges on the ServiceNow platform. The ServiceNow CAD certification exam is intended for ServiceNow customers, partners, sales engineers, and anyone who wants to earn this certification. The CAD exam verifies that candidates can develop applications for their organizations and the ServiceNow community.
CAD certification exam format
The ServiceNow Certified Application Developer (CAD) certification exam has about 60 questions with different types of answers. The duration of the exam is 90 minutes. So, candidates must complete the exam within the given time frame. The CAD exam consists of multiple choice (one answer) questions and multiple select (all correct answers) questions.
CAD certification exam purpose
This ServiceNow CAD certification exam tests the ability and knowledge of candidates to create applications that solve business challenges on the ServiceNow platform for their organizations and the ServiceNow community.
CAD certification exam overview
The ServiceNow CAD certification exam questions are based on the official sources from ServiceNow: training materials, documentation site, and developer site. ServiceNow does not endorse any other online study materials, and they should not be used for exam preparation.
The ServiceNow Certified Application Developer (CAD) certification exam covers different Learning Domains reflecting key topics and activities in ServiceNow implementations. Each Learning Domain has specific learning objectives that are tested in the exam. The table below shows the Learning Domains, their weightings, and sub-skills for this exam. The sub-skills are examples of exam content and are incomplete.
User Interface & Navigation 20%
- ServiceNow Overview
- Lists and Filters
- Forms and Templates
- User Administration
- Task Management
Database Administration 30%
- Data Schema
- Application/Access Control
- Import Sets
Self-Service & Process Automation 20%
- Knowledge Management
- Service Catalog
- Workflows/Flow Designer
Introduction to Development 10%
- Migration and Integration
Before taking the Certified System Administrator exam, ServiceNow requires candidates to complete the ServiceNow Fundamentals training course. This course provides the essential information for the exam. Candidates should also have:
- Experience with database concepts and system management.
- Access to ServiceNow administrative role and applications.
- Understanding IT Help Desk processes and workflows for incident, problem, and change management.
- At least three months of using and/or maintaining a ServiceNow instance.
General prerequisites skills for the ServiceNow Certified Application Developer (CAD) certification
A successful candidate can:
- Create an application with business logic, user interface, and database logic.
- Evaluate if an application is suitable for ServiceNow’s platform capability.
- Design and implement a user interface with scripts that considers usability, form design, platform compatibility, and user experience enhancement.
- Write, test, and debug scripts for both client-side and server-side.
- Secure an application using contextual security and application scope.
- Automate an application using workflow, document feeds, email, scheduled script executions, and events.
- Create and use application properties.
- Integrate with external data sources.
- Manage applications, including migration, download and install, and source code management.
What does a ServiceNow developer do?
ServiceNow is a cloud-based platform that automates business processes and streamlines workflow. ServiceNow developers are software developers who specialize in creating and managing applications on this platform. They work with clients and team members to understand requirements and develop elegant solutions that meet those needs.
A ServiceNow developer must have a strong understanding of the ServiceNow platform and experience in web application development. They must also have excellent problem-solving, project management, communication, and collaboration skills. A ServiceNow developer is a crucial team member who can deliver reliable and efficient IT services and solutions.
Some of the tasks that a ServiceNow developer may perform are:
- Managing the platform and infrastructure, including architectural changes, integrations, and new module implementation.
- Analyzing, resolving, and reporting system issues and inefficiencies.
- Implementing quality assurance methods, such as unit testing, integration testing, regression testing, and user acceptance testing.
- Establishing and following IT best practices and standards.
- Communicating and collaborating with stakeholders and team members from around the world.
Why ServiceNow certified professionals are in high demand?
ServiceNow is a popular cloud computing platform that offers a range of on-demand services for various business needs. As more and more businesses adopt ServiceNow as part of their IT strategy, they need people with the skills and knowledge to use this platform effectively.
ServiceNow provides multiple solutions and can be customized to fit different business scenarios. Businesses seek ServiceNow-certified professionals who can leverage the platform’s capabilities to ensure reliable and efficient IT operations and services.
ServiceNow-certified experts are sought after by businesses in different industries who want to optimize their IT performance and deliver value to their customers.
How much can you earn as a ServiceNow-certified application developer?
One of the main reasons candidates want to prepare for the CAD certification exam with dedication is the attractive salary of a ServiceNow Application Developer. The average salary for a ServiceNow-related job is $80,804. If you are a certified ServiceNow Application Developer, you can earn between $66,000 and $96,000. That’s a great incentive to get certified, right?
The bottom line
The Application Developer certification tests the candidate’s ability to create applications with business logic. The successful candidate can develop applications that solve business challenges for their employers. They can also design and implement a user interface that meets the user’s needs and expectations.
ServiceNow is a powerful IT Service Management tool that helps businesses manage various services, such as human resources, finance, marketing, software development, security, etc. Many businesses use this tool to streamline their IT operations and improve efficiency.
This creates a high demand for ServiceNow Certified Application Developers (CAD) who can create and customize applications on the ServiceNow platform. IT professionals who want to enter the IT service management field can get certified by taking the ServiceNow Developer certification exam.