As more and more companies face security issues, they need cybersecurity experts who can help protect their critical data from cyberattacks. The GIAC GWAPT certification exam is one of the best ways to become a cybersecurity expert. The GIAC GWAPT certification is highly recognized and widely accepted in the industry.
What is the GIAC GWAPT certification?
The GIAC Web Application Penetration Tester (GWAPT) certification is the most popular vendor-neutral certification offered by Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC). It validates your knowledge of penetration testing and an understanding of web application security issues. To earn the GIAC GWAPT certification, you must pass a proctored exam.
This exam covers web application overview, authentication attacks, configuration testing, SQL injection attacks, client injection attacks, reconnaissance, and mapping.
The GIAC GWAPT exam consists of 82 multiple-choice questions and must be completed within three hours. To earn the certification, you must score at least 71%. The GWAPT certification is ideal for security practitioners, penetration testers, ethical hackers, web application developers, website designers, and architects.
With the GIAC GWAPT certification, you demonstrate your proficiency in identifying vulnerabilities in web applications and preparing and executing effective penetration testing strategies.
10 reasons why you should pursue the GWAPT certification
- Validates technical skills in web application penetration testing
- Helps advance career in information security
- Widely recognized and respected by employers in the cybersecurity industry.
- Demonstrates commitment to professional development and ongoing learning
- Provides a competitive edge over other candidates
- Offers networking opportunities with a community of certified professionals
- Expands knowledge of web application security for current and future roles
- Equips with skills and knowledge to better secure web applications and protect against cyber threats
- Signifies significant personal achievement and mastery in web application security
- This can lead to higher earning potential, with certified professionals earning up to 15% more than their non-certified counterparts.
What will you learn with the GIAC GWAPT certification?
- You will be able to apply OWASP's methodology to your web application penetration tests to ensure they are consistent, reproducible, rigorous, and quality controlled.
- You will be able to identify and eliminate false positives resulting from automated web testing tools by analyzing the results.
- You will be able to discover key flaws in web applications manually.
- You will be able to test and exploit vulnerabilities using Python scripts.
- You will be able to exploit SQL Injection flaws to determine the actual risk to the victim organization.
- You will be able to learn how to exploit insecure deserialization vulnerabilities with YOSerial and similar tools.
- You will be able to configure and test payloads for other web attacks.
- You will be able to use ZAP, BurP's Intruder, and ffuf to fuzz potential inputs for injection attacks.
- You will be able to describe the impact of exploiting web application flaws.
- You will be able to use tools such as Zed Attack Proxy and BurpSuite Pro to analyze traffic between client and server applications to identify security vulnerabilities.
- You will be able to discover and exploit Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF) attacks manually.
- You will be able to discover and exploit the Server-Side Request Forgery (SSRF) attack manually.
- You will be able to utilize the Browser Exploitation Framework (BeEF) to hook victim browsers, attack client software, and the network, and evaluate the potential impact of XSS flaws.
- You will be able to perform scans of target websites/servers using the Nuclei tool.
- You will be able to perform two complete web penetration tests, one during each section of the course and one during the Capture the Flag activity.
Career opportunities with the GIAC GWAPT certification
The GIAC GWAPT certification opens up new career opportunities in information security, particularly in roles related to web application security. It can also help you move up the ladder in your current organization by demonstrating your skills and commitment to professional development.
Take a quick look at the job roles you can secure with the GIAC GWAPT certification:
- Security practitioners
- Penetration testers
- Ethical hackers
- Web application developers
- Website designers and architects
##vWhy earning the GIAC GWAPT certification is essential for you?
With the GIAC GWAPT certification, you can demonstrate your knowledge and understanding of web application security. The GIAC GWAPT certification validates your skills and knowledge, giving you more career opportunities and higher pay.
- Discover how to perform Web Application Security Testing and Penetration Testing.
- Discovering and exploiting vulnerabilities in modern network and web frameworks.
- Gather information to get access to clients' systems.
- Use automated Web hacking tools.
- Learn how to conduct Web intrusion tests.
What is the best way to prepare for the GIAC GWAPT certification?
With the GIAC Web App Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking (SEC542) certification exam, GWAPT candidates will progress from push-button scanning to thorough, high-value penetration testing of web applications.
SEC542 is a comprehensive, hands-on course that teaches how to find and exploit modern web application vulnerabilities. GWAPT exam objectives include information gathering, content discovery, authentication, session testing, injection, and exploitation of XXE flaws.
You can also prepare for the GIAC GWAPT certification by doing the following:
- Practical experience can help you develop the skills needed to pass the GWAPT certification exam.
- You can enhance your knowledge and skills by taking college-level courses or studying independently through other programs or materials.
The GIAC GWAPT certification is a significant career advancement for information security professionals. It can enhance your earning potential, open new career opportunities, and demonstrate your commitment to professional development. This certification will allow you to establish yourself as a skilled cybersecurity professional.
The GIAC GWAPT certification will enhance your skills and knowledge in protecting web applications from cyber threats. By using CBT Proxy, you can pass the GIAC GWAPT certification exam the first time. To learn more, click the chat button below, and we will contact you.