Cloud computing is a new face of modern technology ―to put it exactly― a revolutionary method in business operations.
The Cloud Architect is one of the well-known and well-established career options in the IT realm.
To understand it deeply, in this guide, you will learn things such as "what exactly is a cloud architect," "how to become a cloud architect," and "what are the benchmarks and conditions to make it a full-time career option."
Before we go on to what a Cloud Architect is, let us first take you to the road where you'll learn how vital the Cloud Architect role is.
1. How important is the Cloud Architect role?
Creating and maintaining the cloud computing architectures to keep an organization (in fact in every organization) flexible and adaptable is the fundamental work of a Cloud Architect.
A Cloud Architect is a person who mainly has the ability and expertise in designing cloud solutions to satisfy organizational and operational needs.
Since its first encounter in the corporate world, Cloud computing has always been in the first place.
And in the present time, it has been noticed that a significant number of businesses are now witnessing their real potential due to Cloud Architects.
A day as a Cloud Architect starts with a number of tasks. It is as clear as its name, and a Cloud Architect has to work with cloud architectures. Below are the job roles that a Cloud Architect has:
Having a list of operations on their desk, such as:
- AWS Specialist
- Service Cloud Architect
- Azure Cloud Architect
- AWS Cloud Solutions Architect
- Solutions Architect
Here are some of the significant responsibilities of a Cloud Architect:
- Manage cloud-based systems
- Checking cloud security
- Guiding employees (who belong to the cloud structure team)
- Monitoring and reviewing the cloud hardware, apps, and software
- Provide migration strategy
- Create a comprehensive roadmap to meet the organizational goals
- Designing and maintaining the cloud environment
- Manage tasks such as deployment, maintenance, monitoring, and management
- Keeping record
- Take heed to the client's requirement
2. What is a Cloud Architect?
A Cloud Architect is an IT specialist who knows design and formulates cloud structures using soft and interpersonal skills. Their work involves such as cloud applications designs, checking required system space to monitor and run different tasks smoothly, deploying applications, and many more.
In other words, a Cloud Architect is also known as a cloud system administrator or cloud developer.
Cloud Architects only manage and look after all the tasks inside an organization.
To take permission and make major decisions, they report to the higher management authorities in the company, such as the director, head technical officer, etc.
3. What does a Cloud Architect do?
As discussed earlier, Cloud Architects handles all the cloud computing technology and server-related tasks.
Their job includes keeping records of cloud activities, developing plans and deploying applications to the cloud, managing the higher-risk situations in the agency, and many more.
If we put their role into the easy words, we can also call them expert technical leaders and management professionals.
4. What are the requirements to be a Cloud Architect?
To become a Cloud Architect, there are some prerequisites that need to be fulfilled even before you think of becoming a fine Cloud Architect.
To support this context, here's what you'll need to have on your desk:
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or IT field.
- More than 3 years of hands-on experience in formulating, performing, deploying, and managing IT cloud solutions.
- Strong negotiable and commitment approach in order to deliver the quality project on time.
- Knowledge of the latest cloud computing technologies and work patterns.
- Outstanding interpersonal and collaboration skills.
5. Job description, skills, salary, jobs
Aspiring candidates who want to take a step further and add a badge of Cloud Architect on their desk can look into this section like━what it takes and what it offers to be a prominent Cloud Architect.
5.1 Cloud Architect Job Description
- Plan and design cloud environment
- Prepare cloud strategy and manage throughout the completion
- Examine cloud applications
- Checks cloud privacy
- Assist team members and respond to the technical issues
5.2 Cloud Architect Skills
- Programming languages
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Managerial and leadership skills
- Complete cloud infrastructure
- Design, implement, and deployment
- Expert in operating systems
- I&O (input and output)
- Integration architecture
- Automation and orchestration
- Finance and legal experience
5.3 Cloud Architect Salary
When it comes to Cloud Architect's salary, they earn more than a six-figure income. Cloud Architect is a higher position and managerial rank in the organizations.
According to a PayScale report, a Senior Cloud Architect's salary roams around 2,000,000 to 2,500,000 per annum.
However, the salary graph depends on the organization, expertise, and skills of a Cloud Architect.
The more hands-on and problem-solving experience you have, the bigger your paycheck will be.
5.4 Cloud Architect Jobs
According to a report by RightScale 2021 ━after the COVID-19 pandemic━ the job options for Cloud Architects are vast. After considering every report and survey, the overall cloud-related jobs ratio has increased by 42% from 2018 to 2021.
Here's the list of Cloud Architect Jobs; generally, all the cloud architect jobs fall under the same title.
However, as per your technical knowledge and degree in a specific domain, you can have below given job titles:
- AWS Solutions Architect
- Azure Cloud Architect
- Blockchain Cloud Architect
- Cloud Architect – Openstack
- Cloud Network Architect
- Cloud Platform Architect
- Cloud Solution Architect – Infrastructure
- Cyber Solutions Architect
- Digital Platform and Solutions Architect
- Junior Cloud Solutions Architect
- Principal Cloud Architect
- Prisma Cloud Solutions Architect
- RSA AWS Cloud Architect
- Salesforce Technical Architect
- Senior Cloud Architect
6. How to become a Cloud Architect?
6.1 Bachelor Degree
To become a Cloud Architect, the first entry criteria is to have a bachelor's degree in computer science or any IT field.
6.2 Hands-on Experience
A Cloud Architect is a job where you will have to design and implement a comprehensive roadmap to deliver a quality project.
So, to fulfill this, you must gain around 3-5 years of ground experience.
**6.3 Cloud Architect Certification **
Having a degree and practical knowledge isn't enough. But, upskilling your experience with relevant certificates will add an extra layer of accolades to your profile.
Here's a list of Cloud Architect certifications that you can consider to flourish your skills:
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate
- IBM Certified Cloud Solution Architect v2
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
- Google Cloud Platform Cloud Architect
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Architect Associate Certification
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator in Red Hat OpenStack
- CompTIA Cloud Essentials
- Microsoft Certified Azure Architect
- Salesforce Certifications
- VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization Exam
This “what is a Cloud Architect and how do you become one” blog has given you a comprehensive and in-depth real-world understanding of the Cloud Architect domain.
Cloud Architect is a well-known and sought-after role in any organization. And the possibilities and work opportunities for a Certified Cloud Architect are limitless.
So, if you're an aspiring Cloud Architect, we'd like to take a moment and appreciate you for picking up this career. Also, take a step ahead and excel in your skills to become an expert Cloud Architect.