ServiceNow is a leading cloud-based software as a service (SaaS) that helps businesses run more smoothly. It does this by automating many day-to-day tasks that take up a lot of time.
If you're into automation, software development, and business, consider a ServiceNow developer role.
What does a ServiceNow developer do?
A ServiceNow developer is like a software developer who focuses on using the ServiceNow platform to make things happen. They're responsible for designing, writing, and fixing applications to improve the organization.
But that's not all - ServiceNow developers can also manage the platform and work on tasks like making changes to the structure, adding new things, and ensuring everything seamlessly works together. They're basically the go-to people for anything on the ServiceNow platform.
Critical skills for ServiceNow developers
In order to be a successful ServiceNow developer, you need the following technical skills:
- Knowledge of markup languages like HTML and XML
- Familiarity with stylesheet languages like CSS
- Web development tools and techniques like .NET and AJAX
- Cloud computing expertise
This career path requires more than technical knowledge. ServiceNow developers should also learn the following non-technical skills:
- Project management
ServiceNow developer job description
ServiceNow developers may be responsible for communicating with shareholders and developing technical projects:
Formulating and implementing quality assurance (QA) methods:- ServiceNow developers may plan, execute, and analyze unit, integration, regression, and user acceptance testing (UAT).
Identifying system inefficiencies:- ServiceNow developers need to analyze, troubleshoot, resolve, and report issues.
Setting IT practice standards:- ServiceNow developers determine IT best practices and improve existing ones.
Designing and developing configurations:- As a service provider, ServiceNow is customizable and integrated. ServiceNow developers ensure these features function properly.
Responsibilities of a ServiceNow developer
- Develop and troubleshoot ServiceNow applications
- Connect ServiceNow applications to other programs
- Analyze the requirements for technical development
- Analyze the data and provide documentation
- Analyze the applications to identify any deficiencies and provide solutions
- Develop and deploy solutions in a test environment
- Analyse system performance issues
- Expertise in all technical aspects of development
- Create custom workflows and configure them
- Review codes to ensure they meet quality standards
What is the salary of a ServiceNow developer?
As a ServiceNow developer, you can expect an average annual salary of $106,674. It is important to remember that software developers' salaries can vary according to their experience level. ServiceNow developers earn $95,981 to $112,596 for all ServiceNow developers.
There is no doubt that ServiceNow is one of the leading players in the industry when it comes to IT service management. In recent years, IT Operations Management and IT Business Management have grown in popularity thanks to their business services.
As a cloud-based platform, ServiceNow is a crucial business strength and a must-have for any organization.