What's more satisfying than earning a certification in the logistics and distribution sector? If you have a dream of working in supply chain management, taking the APICS CLTD certification exam is all you need.
This guide discusses the APICS CLTD exam format, eligibility, requirements, job opportunities, and more.
What is the APICS CLTD Certification?
The Certified in Logistics, Transportation, and Distribution (CLTD) certification assists you in meeting the challenges associated with supply chain logistics in the modern day.
APICS has developed the sought-after and widely recognized CLTD certification with a team of subject matter experts. The CLTD designation can be used for a wide range of logistics, transportation, and distribution services, and it is recognized worldwide as the global benchmark for the industry.
Requirements: APICS CLTD Certification
If you are interested in taking the CLTD exam, you need at least three years of experience in logistics or supply chain management.
There is also a requirement that you have a bachelor's degree in SCM or an equivalent international degree that has the same value as a U.S. bachelor's degree.
Qualifying for the test by obtaining other APICS certifications in CSCP, CPIM, CFPIM, CIRM, SCOR-P, CTL, C.P.M., CSM, or CPSM, which are equally acceptable to qualify for the test.
For you to be eligible to take the exam, it is necessary that you already possess a prior certification that is in good standing.
Number of Questions: APICS CLTD Certification
A total of 150 multiple-choice questions will be presented to you in this exam (130 from the operational section and 20 from the pretest), which will be administered via computer-based testing (CBT) through the Pearson VUE network of testing centers.
You will not be awarded any points for the pretest questions; they are only meant for research purposes and don't affect your overall score. Pretest questions will be randomly distributed among the scored items and will only be used for the purposes of statistical analysis.
Therefore, they will not be used for any other purposes. It is expected that candidates will have no idea which items will be scored and which ones will not be scored on the pretest items.
However, these items will be similar to the items scored on the test. To pass the APICS CLTD certification, candidates must answer all exam questions.
Eligibility: APICS CLTD Certification
Taking the CLTD certification is much more convenient than you think. There are only three eligibility requirements that every candidate is supposed to meet.
Moreover, the candidates must meet one of the following criteria to sit for the APICS CLTD certification exam.
- 3 years of supply chain-related business experience
- Bachelor's degree or the international equivalent
- CPIM, CLTD or CSCP, CTL, CFPIM, CIRM, SCOR-P, C.P.M., CSM or CPSM designations
Apart from this, the candidates are required to have supply chain-related business experience in the following sectors:
- Raw Materials Extraction
- Transportation and Logistics
- Customer Service
- Software Design and Support
- Quality Control
- Skilled Craft Work (technician)
Job Opportunities: APICS CLTD Certification
There is no need to convince you that APICS CLTD is one of the well-known and widely-accepted certifications in the field of Supply Chain Management (SCM).
Earning a CLTD certification shows that you are well-prepared to align with today's demands regarding transportation and distribution.
The APICS CLTD is intended for the following job roles:
- Logistics Director
- Logistics Manager
- Global Transportation Manager
- Materials Manager
- Supply Chain Manager
- Operations Manager
- Production Manager
- Traffic Analyst
Benefits of Earning APICS CLTD Certification
CLTD Benefits to Individual Employees
The APICS CLTD assists individuals in developing:
- In a global environment, it is necessary to have the knowledge and skills to effectively integrate logistics activities.
- In order to be successful in the logistics industry, one must be able to assess logistics activities strategically and make decisions that maximize efficiency and profit margins.
- There is a greater chance of earning potential and greater confidence on the job.
- Collaboration between logistics professionals through the establishment of a network.
CLTD Benefits to Organizations
The APICS CLTD helps organizations by providing the following services:
- To streamline operations and drive profits, logistics initiatives should be aligned with business objectives.
- To address logistics challenges and opportunities, companies should develop common understandings, vocabulary, processes, and frameworks within their teams.
- Creating logistics practices based on global standards as a foundation for building a successful business.
- In addition to boosting productivity and fostering collaboration, CLTD certifications can also boost innovation in organizations.
Exam Content: APICS CLTD Certification?
There is one exam you need to pass in order to earn the APICS CLTD certification, consisting of 150 multiple-choice questions.
The exam is a computer-based test (CBT), allowing three and a half hours to complete.
The APICS CLTD certification exam is divided into nine modules:
Module 1: Logistics Overview and Strategy Module 2: Logistics Network Design Module 3: Sustainability and Reverse Logistics Module 4: Capacity Planning and Demand Management Module 5: Order Management Module 6: Inventory Management Module 7: Warehouse Management Module 8: Transportation Module 9: Global Logistics Considerations
Key Tips for Exam Success
Passing the CLTD exam requires a reasonable amount of hard work and time. However, here we have mentioned some essential tips to pass the CLTD certification exam.
Take a quick look:
- Choose the suitable study method according to your learning style.
- Schedule your exam date to avoid procrastination.
- Prepare a well-suited study plan, mark it in your calendar, and follow it strictly.
- Examine your strengths and weaknesses.
- Study the test material manual.
- Determine your "knowledge gaps" and use SmartStudy tools to spend extra study time in those areas.
- Understand how to apply concepts.
- Get access to APICS Exam Videos to prepare well.
Is the APICS CLTD Certification Worth It?
Those with CLTD or other designations benefit from APICS certification, which is why many organizations and companies recognize its importance. As an example, APICS CLTD certification demonstrates to potential employers that you have a high level of knowledge and skills.
By meeting safety and service level agreements (SLAs), the Certified in Logistics, Transportation, and Distribution (CLTD) certification demonstrates the professional's ability to meet specific requirements.
Besides strengthening internal processes, the CLTD also helps companies improve their performance. By utilizing this certification, it becomes easy for employers to verify that their employees are qualified for potential positions in their organizations.
As a result, employers are able to gain an edge over their competitors when it comes to supply chain management.
After considering all the facts, CLTD certification is one of the best logistics and distribution credentials, significantly impacting professionals' careers.
The CLTD certification is also considered a wise investment to strengthen the organizations' overall infrastructure and supply chain management (SCM) process.
Why Should You Earn the APICS CLTD Certification?
CLTD certification provides a wide range of knowledge, technology, and standards for those involved in logistics, transportation, and distribution.
- CLTD certification provides employers with the necessary personnel to meet customer demands by bridging the skills gap in the logistics sector.
- CLTD certification ensures that a company's value chain is optimized through effective implementation of inbound materials management, outbound distribution, and reverse logistics.
- Demonstrates mastery of logistics best practices.
Take the APICS CLTD certification exam and pay after you pass
If you are a logistics and supply chain professional and want to take the CLTD test. We've got you covered. CBT Proxy is named one of the best proxy service providers in the world.
To know more about how you can take the CLTD exam with the help of a proxy, contact us, and one of our consultants will get in touch with you and guide you accordingly.