There is no doubt that cloud technologies are driving a major switch in IT services towards next-generation computing solutions, changing how companies deliver software and applications and how their customers utilize them.
If we look at the global market, cloud computing adoption has been boosted by the rapid adoption of the Internet of Things (IoT), 5G technology, edge technologies, Big Data, and AI-powered data analytics.
In the last few years, cloud technologies have become a more cost-effective choice than on-premises IT setups and have become a key component of app-based, data-driven tech environments.
With the help of cloud computing, businesses can easily access a wide range of resources such as databases, servers, storage, and virtual machines from anywhere, at any time.
Due to cloud infrastructure's rapid growth, a number of leading organizations are moving their services, applications, and software to the cloud.
In this article, we will share everything about cloud platforms, including the best certifications. Now, sit back and enjoy reading this article!
What is a cloud platform?
The cloud platform is a web-based data center hosting server hardware and operating systems. A cloud platform is a platform that permits the seamless integration of hardware and software and provides remote access to compute services running on the cloud.
With a cloud computing platform, businesses can access a wide range of pay-per-use computing services remotely, including databases, servers, analytics, storage, networking, intelligence, and software.
As a result of this, companies can use their own data centers or computing infrastructure. The only thing they pay for is what they use.
With the help of cloud platforms, enterprises can develop and test applications store, retrieve, analyze, and back up data. On the other hand, companies can stream videos and audio, embed business intelligence, and offer on-demand software worldwide.
There are many types of cloud platforms, but these are the most common:
Public Cloud Platforms: Public cloud platforms are third-party cloud service providers that provide scalable computing resources over the Internet. The most popular public cloud platforms are IBM Bluemix, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Private Cloud: A private cloud platform is managed by the IT department of an organization. In most cases, they utilize existing infrastructure and resources in a company's on-premises data center in order to provide the service. There is no doubt that private cloud platforms offer the highest security levels.
Hybrid Cloud Platforms: The hybrid cloud, a combination of private and public cloud platforms, offers scalability and security in one package. The platform allows seamless data and application migration between public and private clouds, improving infrastructure, compliance, and security.
What are the best cloud platforms?
If you want to build a career as a cloud professional, you need to know about the different cloud platforms available in the market. These platforms offer various services, from app development frameworks to computing services like virtual desktops, servers, and storage.
Here are some of the popular cloud platforms that you should check out.
AWS (Amazon Web Services)
AWS stands for Amazon Web Services, a subsidiary of the online retail giant Amazon. AWS is one of the world's most comprehensive and widely used cloud platforms.
AWS offers a variety of cloud-based services, such as Route 53, AmazonCloudWatch, Simple Email Service, CloudTrail, Relational Database Service, Simple Queue Service, AWS Key Management Service, Elastic Compute Cloud, Simple Storage Service, DynamoDB, AWS Data Transfer, Simple Notification Service, EC2, and Virtual Private Cloud.
AWS has a global presence in the cloud services market with 78 AZs (Availability Zones) in 25 geographic regions.
These are some of the well-known AWS certifications that you should consider earning:
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate
- AWS Certified Developer - Associate
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional
- AWS Certified Security - Specialty
- AWS Certified Data Analytics - Specialty
- AWS Certified Machine Learning - Specialty
- AWS Certified Database - Specialty
- AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty
Microsoft Azure is a cloud platform launched in February 2010 by the tech giant Microsoft. Microsoft Azure helps developers and businesses create, test, deploy, and manage services and applications through Microsoft-owned data centers.
Microsoft Azure is an agile and open-source cloud computing service growing fast. Microsoft Azure has state-of-the-art security and complies with 90 industry-specific, region-specific, U.S., and global regulations.
Microsoft Azure has various cloud-based services, such as Windows Virtual Desktop, Microsoft Azure Stack, the Internet of Things, Developer Tools, Mixed Reality, Storage, Security, Databases, Containers, Networking, Migration, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Blockchain, and Analytics.
Below, you will find a list of the top Microsoft Azure certifications. Take a look:
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Developer Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Security Engineer Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Azure AI Engineer Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Engineer Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Database Administrator Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Scientist Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Azure AI Fundamentals
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Fundamentals
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- Microsoft Certified: Azure DevOps Engineer Expert
- Microsoft Certified: Azure for SAP Workloads Specialty
- Microsoft Certified: Azure IoT Developer Specialty
Salesforce is a software company based in California that offers a full-featured cloud computing platform. Salesforce helps businesses speed up their app production through multiple cloud services, such as Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud, and Service Cloud.
Salesforce also provides a unique Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solution in the cloud. The cloud-based CRM suite lets users access advanced features without installing expensive IT infrastructure.
Here are the Salesforce cloud certifications you can earn in 2023:
- Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Email Specialist
- Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Developer
- Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Administrator
- Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Consultant
- Salesforce Certified Community Cloud Consultant
- Salesforce Certified Education Cloud Consultant
- Salesforce Certified Nonprofit Cloud Consultant
- Salesforce Certified Sales Cloud Consultant
- Salesforce Certified Service Cloud Consultant
GCP (Google Cloud Platform)
GCP is short for Google Cloud Platform, one of the most popular cloud platforms with many advanced features and solutions. The GCP platform is available in over 200 countries, 20 regions, and 61 zones.
Some of the outstanding services that Google Cloud Platform offers are Firebase, G Suite, Orbitera, Apigee, Android Enterprise, Google Hardware, Chrome Enterprise, Google Identity, Google Maps Platform, Serverless Computing, Storage, Networking, Databases, Containers, Migration, Compute, API Management, the Internet of Things, Multi-cloud, Machine Learning, and AI.
If you are interested in developing your career in the field of cloud computing, here is a list of the GCP certifications you must consider earning:
- Associate Cloud Engineer
- Professional Cloud Architect
- Professional Cloud Developer
- Professional Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Professional Cloud Security Engineer
- Professional Cloud Network Engineer
- Professional Cloud Database Engineer
- Cloud Digital Leader
Oracle Cloud is a cloud platform that belongs to Oracle Corporation, one of the most trusted names in the industry. Oracle Cloud offers PaaS (Platform-as-a-Service), DaaS (Data-as-a-Service), SaaS (Software-as-a-Service), and IaaS (Infrastructure-as-a-Service).
Oracle Cloud’s Infrastructure-as-a-Service includes FastConnect, Ravello, DNS Monitoring, Load Balancing, Database, Networking, Storage, and Compute.
The Oracle Cloud Platform-as-a-Service offerings include Data Management, Business Analytics, Application Development, Cybersecurity, Content Management, and Integration.
The Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) includes Blockchain Applications, Analytics, the Internet of Things (IoT), EPM, SCM, ERP, HCM, and CX. Data-as-a-Service (DaaS), for example, is offered by Oracle Cloud.
The following are the Oracle cloud certifications that you can obtain:
- Oracle Certified: Cloud Foundations Associate
- Oracle Certified: Cloud Infrastructure Architect Associate
- Oracle Certified: Cloud Infrastructure Architect Professional
- Oracle Certified: Cloud Infrastructure Developer Associate
- Oracle Certified: Cloud Infrastructure Operations Associate
- Oracle Certified: Cloud Infrastructure Operations Professional
- Oracle Certified: Cloud Database Administrator Associate
- Oracle Certified: Cloud Database Administrator Professional
- Oracle Certified: Cloud Database Developer Associate
- Oracle Certified: Cloud Database Developer Professional
- Oracle Certified: Cloud Data Science Associate
- Oracle Certified: Cloud Data Science Professional
- Oracle Certified: Cloud Data Warehouse Associate
- Oracle Certified: Cloud Data Warehouse Professional
- Oracle Certified: Cloud Machine Learning Associate
- Oracle Certified: Cloud Machine Learning Professional
The final say
As we all know, cloud computing is a new technology that allows users to access and use a wide range of resources and services over the Internet.
There are many advantages to using cloud computing, such as scalability, flexibility, cost-effectiveness, security, and reliability. However, cloud computing has challenges, such as data privacy, compliance, vendor lock-in, and technical concerns.
In order to be successful in the field of cloud computing, it is important to be well-versed in the different types of cloud platforms and their features so that you can perform well in the area.
To demonstrate your skills and knowledge in cloud computing, you can also pursue the cloud certifications mentioned in this blog post.
Please feel free to chat with us if you need any guidance regarding taking the exam. CBT Proxy has been there for over a decade now, helping IT professionals earn their desired certifications.