Organizations must quickly deliver technology solutions that provide value to succeed in a rapidly changing global market. This requires a collaborative DevOps approach involving all stakeholders in defining, building, testing, deploying, and releasing software-based systems, not just those operating the CI/CD pipeline.
This blog provides an overview of the SAFe DevOps Practitioner certification, including information on its requirements and what it entails. You will gain an understanding of the certification, its prerequisites, and other relevant details.
What is the SAFe DevOps Practitioner (SDP) certification?
The SAFe DevOps Practitioner certification is a foundational-level certification, a valuable asset for professionals in various roles. The certification validates individuals with the mindset and skills necessary to implement a DevOps approach to software development successfully.
This certification is designed to teach individuals how to develop solutions at a faster rate through the use of techniques such as automation and continuous integration. Additionally, it covers the critical aspects of the software development life cycle, including testing, deploying, and delivering value-driven software products. By earning the SAFe DevOps Practitioner certification, individuals can demonstrate their ability to lead teams, manage projects, and handle cross-functional teams, which can help to scale a company's business to new heights.
You will learn the following:
- Use DevOps to achieve strategic business objectives
- Avoid automating flawed processes by implementing a CALMR approach
- Recognize that successful DevOps requires ongoing exploration, integration, deployment, and the ability to release to end-users on demand
- Incorporate continuous testing and security into the delivery pipeline
- Utilize value-stream mapping to measure flow and identify bottlenecks in the end-to-end delivery process
- Strategically select and utilize DevOps skills and tools for optimal results
- Prioritize DevOps solutions and investments for maximum economic benefit
- Develop a tailored, multi-phased DevOps transformation plan for the organization
- Continuously collaborate with all roles and levels of the organization to optimize the value stream.
About the exam
The SAFe DevOps Practitioner certification is a multiple-choice and multiple-select exam. The duration of the exam is 90 minutes once the exam begins. It contains 45 questions; to pass, you need to get 33 questions out of 45 (73%). The exam is conducted in English, and the first attempt cost is included in the course fee if you take it within 30 days of the course completion.
Who can take the SAFe DevOps Practitioner certification?
- Agile Release Train members
- Development Managers & Engineering Manager
- Configuration Managers & Release Managers
- Development Leads, Developers, UI/UX Developers
- Infrastructure Architects, System Architects
- Product Managers, Product Owners
- System Administrators, DBAs, InfoSec
- QA Managers, Testers
- Release Train Engineers, Scrum Masters
What does a SAFe DevOps Practitioner do?
- Learn about SAFe's CALMR (Culture, Automation, Lean, Measure, Recover) approach to DevOps
- Develop a culture of shared responsibility for delivering comprehensive solutions
- Align people, processes, and technology throughout the organization to achieve faster time-to-market
- Integrate continuous testing and security into the delivery pipeline
- Implement continuous exploration, integration, deployment, and the ability to release value to end-users on demand
- Create a specific and executable DevOps transformation plan tailored to the organization
- Assess and enhance the current state using tools such as the DevOps Health Radar and Transformation Canvas.
Why a SAFe DevOps Practitioner certification?
Many of the top companies worldwide, including 70% of Fortune 100 companies, use the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and have certified professionals and consultants on staff. According to Scaled Agile, over 700,000 people have been trained in SAFe.
Having knowledge in both SAFe and DevOps is crucial for achieving enterprise agility and the ability to release products on demand. By obtaining certification as a SAFe DevOps Practitioner, you can take advantage of the high demand for these skills across industries and potentially earn higher pay.
Job opportunities with SAFe DevOps Practitioner
Demand for professionals with the SAFe DevOps Practitioner certification is rapidly increasing. Many Fortune companies are actively searching for certified DevOps Practitioners. Upon completion of the SAFe DevOps Practitioners certification, individuals will be well-positioned to pursue opportunities in various roles.
- SAFe DevOps Consultant - $119k
- Agile Project Manager - $98K-$135K
- Release Train Engineer - $134k
- SAFe Scrum Master - $101k
- Agile Coach - $128k
A certified SAFe DevOps Practitioner (SDP) optimizes the flow of value through the Continuous Delivery Pipeline. They map value streams from idea to cash, identifying bottlenecks and implementing practices to eliminate them. They also work to improve processes for exploring customer needs, developing, building, deploying, and delivering value. The SDP aligns people, processes, and technology throughout the organization and plays a crucial role in fostering a culture of shared responsibility for solution delivery.
If you're planning to take the SAFe DevOps Practitioner (SDP) certification exam and looking for a reliable proxy exam center, CBT Proxy can help you. With a decade of experience, CBT Proxy has a proven track record of helping candidates pass their desired certification on the first attempt. To learn more about the proxy exam, contact us, and we will assign a dedicated consultant to assist you.