DevOps Architects are experts in DevOps. And DevOps is a set of methods of development (devs)and IT operations (ops) that focus on teamwork, automation, and continuous delivery.
In simple words, DevOps practices make it easier for enterprises to deliver software, applications, and services faster than traditional software development approaches.
DevOps Architects also design, implement, and manage the DevOps processes and tools that help organizations produce and deliver high-quality software products quickly and reliably.
To become a DevOps Architect, you need to build a strong foundation in software development and IT operations. You need to learn how to code, how to manage versions, how to administer systems, and how to use cloud services.
After that, you need to get familiar with the tools and technologies that make DevOps possible, such as Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, and Git.
Let’s say these are the building blocks of the DevOps ecosystem, and you need to know how they work together to create, deploy, and maintain software products.
Who is a DevOps Architect?
A DevOps Architect is a professional who creates and manages the DevOps framework for an organization. The DevOps Architects help the development and operations teams work together smoothly, automate tasks, and set up continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines.
As a DevOps Architect, you will also ensure that the DevOps framework supports the organization’s goals and business objectives and fosters a culture of continuous improvement and innovation.
An experienced DevOps Architect has a thorough knowledge of DevOps principles and practices, outstanding technical skills, effective communication and collaboration abilities, leadership qualities, and adaptability to changing technologies and methodologies.
What does a DevOps architect do?
A DevOps Architect is responsible for designing, implementing and managing DevOps processes and tools that help organizations deliver software products in a rapid and reliable manner. On the other hand, DevOps Architects use DevOps tools and technologies to integrate development and operations teams, foster collaboration, and bring about cultural change to support DevOps practices.
Why become a DevOps Architect?
Becoming a DevOps Architect will be a thoughtful career choice if you are passionate about driving organizational change, streamlining development and operations workflows, and fostering a culture of collaboration and innovation.
In addition, DevOps architects play a key role in improving software development and delivery processes, increasing team collaboration, and increasing overall operational efficiency, making it an interesting yet challenging career path.
So, if you are wondering whether to become a certified DevOps Architect, we suggest that you go ahead blindly.
How to become a DevOps Architect?
To become a DevOps Architect, you need to follow these steps:
- You must gain expertise in software development, IT operations, and DevOps principles and practices. You need a solid foundation in programming, version control, system administration, cloud computing, and other relevant skills.
- You must earn relevant certifications such as AWS Certified DevOps Engineer, Microsoft Certified DevOps Engineer, or Google Cloud DevOps Engineer.
- You must gain hands-on experience working on real-world DevOps projects and collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Also, you need to develop expertise in CI/CD tools, automation, cloud technologies, and containerization platforms. Also, you need to master the tools and technologies that make DevOps possible, such as Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Git, Ansible, Terraform, etc.
- Most importantly, sharpen your communication and leadership skills to effectively collaborate with different teams and stakeholders.
Roles and responsibilities of a DevOps Architect:
- Strategize, develop and implement an organization's DevOps roadmap.
- Choose and implement the right tools and technologies to facilitate DevOps practice.
- Build a culture of collaboration and communication between development and operations.
- Develop and manage the architecture for the cloud and infrastructure that supports DevOps.
- Maintain a culture of continuous improvement by analyzing and reviewing DevOps processes and practices regularly.
- Provide guidance, support, and leadership to development and operations teams.
- Assure that the DevOps processes and procedures follow the security standards and compliance regulations.
What qualifications do I need to become a DevOps Architect?
To become a DevOps Architect, you usually need to have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or a related field, as well as a lot of experience in both software development and IT operations. You must also be skilled in DevOps tools and technologies and have excellent communication and leadership skills. Having certifications such as AWS Certified DevOps Engineer, Docker Certified Associate, and Kubernetes Certified Administrator can also help you in many ways.
How much does a DevOps Architect earn?
The salary may also differ across different parts of the world. For example, in India, the average yearly salary of a DevOps Architect is around INR 12-20 lakhs. On the other hand, in the USA, the annual average salary of a DevOps Architect is around $100,000 to $150,000.
The final say
DevOps Architects are skilled in technical aspects and soft skills that enable them to work effectively with cross-functional teams, bridge the gap between development and operations teams, and drive cultural changes within organizations to promote DevOps practices.
As a DevOps Architect, you must have strong communication, leadership, and collaboration abilities to help your organization achieve its goals.
If you want to become a certified DevOps Architect and are looking for a reliable proxy service provider to take the DevOps Architect certification exam, such as AWS Certified DevOps Engineer Microsoft Certified: DevOps Engineer —CBT Proxy is the right place for you.
At CBT Proxy, you will feel comfortable as our trainers and guides are supportive and collaborative; they’ll help you pass the DevOps online certification exam on your first attempt. To learn more about how you can get started, click the chat button below, and we’ll guide you accordingly.