How Many Questions Are on the CompTIA Security+ Exam?
This CompTIA exam consists of a total of 90 questions. Once you have done with the exam, you will have to fill out an optional exit survey in order to gather information about your study preparation practices and why you have decided to do this credential. This consists of not more than twelve multiple-choice questions.
What Types of Questions Are on the CompTIA Security+ Exam?
The CompTIA Security+ exam basically includes a combination of drag and drop activities, multiple-choice questions, and performance-based items. The multiple-choice questions are multiple and single response. Performance-based items test your ability to resolve the issues and problems in a simulated environment.
Do manage your time well while solving these issues during the exam. Many of these problems come up at the start of the exam, and you might not be able to watch the time while solving them.
What Are the CompTIA Security+ Exam Domains, and What Do They Cover?
The CompTIA Security+ exam consists of the following topics and domains:
- Access and Identity Management: Differentiate common account management practices or Implement access and identity management controls.
- Attacks, Threats, and vulnerabilities: determine types of malware or contrast and compare types of attacks.
- Tools and Technologies: Troubleshoot the common issues of security and make use of mobile devices securely.
- Design and Architecture: Summarizing the security application deployment, cloud, development, and virtualization concepts
- Risk Management: Explain the importance of plans, policies, and procedures related to company security
- Cryptography and PKI: Contrast and Compare basic fundamentals of cryptography and implementation of public key infrastructure.
How Long Will It Take Me to Get CompTIA Security+?
There is no specific answer to this question. It all depends upon how much you have learned, how much knowledge you already have, how quickly you pick things, and once you learn enough and get confidence to give the exam and qualify it.
It is recommended that you invest a reasonable time in the preparation of your exam and make sure that you have well covered all the areas of the curriculum.
How Do I Take CompTIA Security+ Exam?
The high-stakes exams are being supervised at a Pearson VUE center in a secured environment. However, here are the two steps relevant to the testing process about which you should know about.
Step 1: Buy the Voucher or Training Bundle
When you become prepared to take up the exam, you will need to purchase a CompTIA security voucher from the store of CompTIA. A voucher is something that makes you able to become sign up for this exam.
Step 2: Schedule Your Exam
The next step is that you will have to take up your exam from an approved center. CompTIA works with Pearson VUE testing centers that offer various locations across the world where you will be able to schedule your appointment for taking up the exam.
Ready for a Career in Security?
CompTIA is now offering a lot of exam training options for security in order to fit your particular learning schedule and style, some of which may be used in combination with one another while preparing for your exam.