What is a Project Management Professional (PMP)? A Guide for Beginners
Who is a Project manager?
A project manager is a person who is a certified professional candidate who looks after all the project of any specific organization. The lifecycle of any project is always governed by a project manager who looks after all the needs of its team members so that they will be able to achieve the required results for the organization.
Who should do the PMP certification?
The PMP certification can be taken by anyone who wants to get itself in the role of project manager provided that he or she must satisfy and meet eligibility criteria and all the other requirements that are needed by the institute of project management professional certification.
How to become a PMP Certified Project Manager?
There is a predefined pathway that the project management professionals will have to follow in order to get PMP certification.
Following are the steps that one should take for becoming certified with PMP are mentioned below:
- Step 1: The first step from with every candidate must begin with is by reading the project management professional handbook.
- Step 2: Once you have done with reading that PMP handbook, you will have to confirm one thing that is your eligibility so that you will be able to take up the PMP qualification.
- Step 3: The next step is to go for getting the membership of PMI so that you will get registered yourself for the PMP exam.
- Step 4: once you have done with the registration process, you will be able to enrol yourself training that is being delivered to candidates in order to make them excel in the PMP certification exam.
- Step 5: you must run some checks on the training sessions schedules that are being available, and according to your needs and convenience, you may enrol yourself for the same. Choose the best-suitedbest-suited training session that meets your all needs.
- Step 6: Right after completing your training session, you should start registering yourself for the Project management professional exam. You can start it by simply filling the PMP application form and then submit the form to the institute of Project management institute for approval.
- Step 7: when you will get the approval of the PMI, then you will be able to schedule the PMP examination at your nearest center.
- Step 8: Now start your preparation for the PMP exam. It is recommended to use the PMBOK as this book contains all the knowledge that is being required and important according to the PMP examination point of view.
- Step 9: Give the PMP examination and try your best to pass it in your first attempt.
Anyone who is interested in getting PMP certification along with the required knowledge and skills that are needed while dealing with any project of an organization can follow this pathway.