In today's time, where technology has gone far ahead of our thinking, cyber risk is also increasing. Thus, the demand for technical security experts is increasing, and CompTIA is taking it a step further in offering you a cybersecurity certification to prepare you to become a cybersecurity expert.
The fear of data breaches and cyber threats has made many organizations consider the importance of building a cyber-resilient IT infrastructure. If you are looking for a cybersecurity job, you must have heard about the CompTIA Security+ certification. With the help of this certification, your chances of becoming a member of the primary cyber security team are in the first place.
Today, in this article, we will mention 4 jobs that you can get after getting certified in CompTIA Security+. So, sit back and look at the jobs and responsibilities you probably want to take on.
1. Systems Administrator
Systems Administrator is one of the prominent jobs in the IT sector. A system administrator's work ensures that the organization's computer system runs smoothly and functions well. If you'd like to manage and maintain information system infrastructure and enterprise application systems, implementing security patches and improvements, Systems Administrator may be your dream job.
Role of a System Administrator:
- Analyzing, troubleshooting, and IS issues
- Conducting server build deployments (hybrid and cloud)
- Installing operating system software, upgrade, or patches
- Configuring, optimizing, and monitoring performance
2. Security Administrator
A security administrator in organizations focuses on security-related issues and building security systems to protect data and update security-related policies. In other words, a security administrator is responsible for checking weaknesses in a company's computer network and maintaining its security. Also, they focus on the company's cybersecurity resilience and guard it against cyber threats.
Role of a Security Administrator:
- Integrating security requirements into systems
- Installing firewalls or other security tools
- Implementing security plans designed to fit the needs of the organization
- Conducting regular scans and performing regular security audits
- Monitoring network traffic and reacting to anomalies
3. Junior Penetration Tester
Junior penetration testers are also known as ethical hackers. A fun fact about penetration testers is that they work like a private detective in IT infrastructure. This means a penetration tester works on the other side of the table, and their work is to find the weaknesses in the computer network and eliminate cyber threats before the attack comes to light. By using several well-defined methods and robust tools, penetration testers simulate actual cyberattacks.
Role of a Junior Penetration Tester:
- Applying appropriate tools for penetration testing
- Performing social engineering tests and reviewing physical security where appropriate
- Keeping up to date with the latest testing and hacking methods
- Collecting data and deploying a testing methodology
- Locating, assessing, and managing vulnerabilities
4. Network Administrator
Network administrators and system administrators have similar work in any organization, including day-to-day network and organizational operations. A network administrator plan, installs, and supports a company's information system (IS), such as intranets, LANs, and WANs network.
Role of a Network Administrator:
- Maintaining network security
- Analyzing and optimizing network performance
- Implementing required upgrades and repairs to networks
- Managing users on a network and assigning security permissions
Ready to take the CompTIA Security+ exam?
By earning the CompTIA Security+ certification, you will become more in-demand, get the edge over your competitors, and catch more job opportunities. On the other hand, the certificate will help you acquire the necessary skills and knowledge to prepare for your IT career.
If you are an aspiring CompTIA Security+ candidate and want to take your exam through the proxy, welcome to the gateway of proxy certifications. CBT Proxy is a proxy examination center, well-known for a pay-after-you-pass model, which means that if you fail ―which is not going to happen― we'll refund your payment in the first go. So take the leap and contact us; one of our consultants will get in touch with you and guide you accordingly.