This article will serve you every little detail about the exam DP-100. Before just jumping into the all about exam, it becomes essential about what is this exam for.
Why data science on Azure?
Data is considered the most significant asset nowadays, as many big enterprises rely on the data. This data can be about products, services, customers, and everything possible. IT industries are pretty engaged in various activities that are somehow related to data. When it comes to managing and using data in IT (information technology) or any other industry, some technological streams are leading the stage. Machine learning, AI, and data science are just a few examples. Businesses, organizations, or cloud server organizations such as Microsoft, Google, Amazon, etc., use data science.
Hence, it determines the value and preciousness of data science. These organizations require data science experts to maintain, store and use configurable data for potential advantages of the organization. They appoint data scientist professionals and pay them really well to fulfill this need. When the pandemic happened, everything changed in terms of operation and management. Every organization converted to centralized infrastructure, cloud, and on-demand computing and moved to the cloud.
Azure is also one of the industry's best cloud services. There is a straightforward path to becoming a skilled Azure data specialist. One can become a certified data science professional by achieving the Microsoft Azure data science associate certification. This certificate is being recognized globally, and it is continuously gaining attention from those who are newbies in this field.
Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Scientist Associate
If you are looking to find a certificate that will not only make your resume considerable but will also help in getting entry into any reputed enterprise. To comprehend this, you must be aware of the industry's demand for data science that we have already covered.
Let us understand how data science works.
Businesses gather data from various sources, including internal tools, programs, applications, search engines, browsers and machinery, and social media. This collected data is a legacy for any business organization looking to increase revenue. This data is used by the company's various teams or departments to better the organization. Data scientists may encounter difficulties developing models and obtaining solutions during this process. Azure has solved this problem by assisting in the transfer of critical data to a data lake, after which the complete data library can be changed using Azure technologies such as spark pools, data cleansing, model development and processing, and data analysis.
How Much an Azure Data Scientists Earn?
Although, there is no specific parameter that can measure someone's potential to earn. This data is collected from various surveys or reported salaries on some recruitment portals.
Your remuneration will be determined by the size and type of the company you work for, the amount of funding they are willing to devote to you, and several other criteria. It also depends on your expertise, experiences, professional advancement, and how much money is significant to you.
Let's look into the statistics. According to Glassdoor, the average yearly data science income is $112,000. Indeed has observed a $120,000 average pay, whereas PayScale has a $95,000 average salary. This data is probably not accurate, but you can extract an idea about how much you can earn.
How Can I Get Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Scientist Associate?
This certificate is just an exam away. If you are motivated enough to get this certificate and go ahead with the same, all you have to do is to qualify DP-100 exam. Designing and implementing a Data Science Solution on Azure is full of this exam. Besides this exam, this certificate can be earned by those full of enthusiasm to bring a change in their lives by becoming a data science professional.
What is the Azure DP-100 exam?
Designing and implementing a Data Science Solution on Azure (Azure DP-100) is the shortcode for the exam. Candidates that hold a genuine interest in data science are eligible for this exam. Aspirants study a variety of practical features of Azure while studying for this test. During preparation for this exam, you will learn to perform all the tasks and activities related to Azure data science. The activities include models, tracking experiments, and many others if you have thoroughly prepared all the exam modules.
The DP-100 credential also allows IT workers to specialize in data science, particularly when it comes to running machine learning workloads on Microsoft Azure. This comprises the creation and deployment of faultless and efficient working environments to conduct data experiments. Machine learning (ML) models are also upgraded, trained, and managed under this framework.
The primary objective of this exam is to evaluate the candidate's efficiency. You can make your preparations based on the segregated weightage percentage of the significant modules as listed below,
• Manage machine learning resources in Azure (25–30%) • Conduct experiments and model training (20–25%) • Develop and implement machine learning solutions (35–40%) • Responsibly use machine learning (5–10%).
What are the pre-requisites for DP-100?
Anyone interested in pursuing a career in Data Science should have prior knowledge in the subjects, including computer science, information technology, or any other related topic. There are also additional benefits for those with a comprehensive understanding of R Software design. Microsoft suggests that prior experience with Azure can help you in qualifying easily.
Any organization will prefer a candidate with strong communication skills and the ability to operate in a group. Data - Scientist - Associate will be a member of several disciplinary teams to address all ethical, confidentiality, and authority issues in any settlement. As a result, as soon as you go forward, make sure you are fully prepared with these skills. Furnish your soft skills if you want to go far in this field.
About exam pattern of DP-100
Basically, this exam consists of 60 to 80 questions supposed to be answered in 180 minutes. The question will be in the form of a multiple-choice question, multiple answers, and others. There will be lab questions or case-study-based questions to assess your practical effectiveness among these topics. Because this is a proctored exam, it necessitates thorough preparation. The registration fee for this exam is $165. The exam can be attempted in any language at your convenience. The available language options are English, Japanese, Chinese (Simplified), Korean, German, Chinese (Traditional), French, Spanish, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Arabic (Saudi Arabia), Italian, Indonesian, etc.
You can schedule the exam at your convenience. You are suggested to attempt the exam when you are well-prepared. To qualify for the exam, you need to score a minimum of 700 on a scale of 100 to 1000. Failing an attempt should not be taken as an unfortunate incident because you can attempt the exam again after 24 hours.
If you wish to start or give wings to your career, the DP-100 Azure Data Scientist Associate Certification is the first step in getting your dream job. An expert in the IT business world who works with Data Science tools and applications can sharpen their skills with this certification, and you will also be able to apply these systems and applications to other similar fields.
A detailed guide about the syllabus of DP-100
As we discussed earlier, the exam covers four major modules, including many sub-topics. Each module has been described with all the sub-topics below.
Manage Azure resources for machine learning (25-30%). Create an Azure Machine Learning workspace -create an Azure Machine Learning workspace - configure workspace settings - manage a workspace by using Azure Machine Learning studio Manage data in an Azure Machine Learning workspace -select Azure storage resources - register and maintain datastores - create and manage datasets Manage to compute for experiments in Azure Machine Learning -determine the appropriate compute specifications for a training workload - compute targets for experiments and training - configure Attached Compute resources, including Azure Databricks - monitor compute utilization Implement security and access control in Azure Machine Learning
- determine access requirements and map requirements to built-in roles - create custom roles - manage role membership - manage credentials by using Azure Key Vault Set up an Azure Machine Learning development environment -create compute instances - share compute instances - access Azure Machine Learning workspaces from other development environments Set up an Azure Databricks workspace -create an Azure Databricks workspace - create an Azure Databricks cluster - create and run notebooks in Azure Databricks - link and Azure Databricks workspace to an Azure Machine Learning workspace Run Experiments and Train Models (20-25%) Create models by using the Azure Machine Learning Designer
- create a training pipeline by using Azure Machine Learning designer - ingest data in a designer pipeline - use designer modules to define a pipeline data flow - use custom code modules in designer Run model training scripts
- create and run an experiment by using the Azure Machine Learning SDK - configure run settings for a script - consume data from a dataset in an experiment by using the Azure Machine Learning SDK - run a training script on Azure Databricks to compute - run code to train a model in an Azure Databricks notebook Generate metrics from an experiment run
- log metrics from an experiment run - retrieve and view experiment outputs - use logs to troubleshoot experiment run errors - use MLflow to track experiments - track experiments running in Azure Databricks Use Automated Machine Learning to create optimal models
- use the Automated ML interface in Azure Machine Learning studio - use Automated ML from the Azure Machine Learning SDK - select pre-processing options - select the algorithms to be searched - define a primary metric - get data for an Automated ML run - retrieve the best model Tune hyperparameters with Azure Machine Learning
- select a sampling method - define the search space - define the primary metric - define early termination options - find the model that has optimal hyperparameter values C. Deploy and operationalize machine learning solutions (35-40%) Select compute for model deployment
- consider security for deployed services - evaluate compute options for the deployment
Deploy a model as a service
- configure deployment settings - deploy a registered model - deploy a model trained in Azure Databricks to an Azure Machine Learning endpoint - consume a deployed service - troubleshoot deployment container issues Manage models in Azure Machine Learning
- register a trained model - monitor model usage - monitor data drift Create an Azure Machine Learning pipeline for batch inferencing
- configure a ParallelRunStep - configure compute for a batch inferencing pipeline - publish a batch inferencing pipeline - run a batch inferencing pipeline and obtain outputs - obtain outputs from a ParallelRunStep Publish an Azure Machine Learning designer pipeline as a web service
- create a target compute resource - configure an Inference pipeline - consume a deployed endpoint Implement pipelines by using the Azure Machine Learning SDK
- create a pipeline - pass data between steps in a pipeline - run a pipeline - monitor pipeline runs
Implement Responsible ML (5-10%) Use model explainers to interpret models
- select a model interpreter - generate feature importance data Describe fairness considerations for models
- evaluate model fairness based on prediction disparity - mitigate model unfairness Describe privacy considerations for data
- describe principles of differential privacy - specify acceptable levels of noise in data and the effects on privacy Apply ML Ops practices
- trigger an Azure Machine Learning pipeline from Azure DevOps - automate model retraining based on new data additions or data changes - refactor notebooks into scripts - implement source control for scripts To assure success on the Microsoft Planning and Developing a Data Science Solution on Azure certification exam, we recommend you to go with · accredited training course, · completing a practice question paper · getting hands-on experience · choose the proxy exam Benefits of Proxy exam Even if you have doubts about your knowledge or your efficiency to qualify for the exam, proxy exams will help you ensure success.
Some tips for DP-100
Because the exam pattern changes twice a year, it is recommended that you examine the most recent pattern.
You will be better prepared if you are familiar with the structure of any exam before actually taking it. You'll know what to expect regarding questions and how to divide your time.
Start with a plan, schedule it properly, and make sure you cover all topics covered in the exam. You will also be expected to address questions about specifying your deployment and computing targets.
- You should have enough preparation to answer both theory and lab-related questions.
- Microsoft offers a theory exam template. They should be thoroughly read.
- 'Build and operate machine learning systems using Azure Machine Learning is one of the exam's major domains. So, devote your time to this topic accordingly.
- Because revision is crucial for any exam, it is recommended that you go over the theory before taking this one.
Here are a few steps that can be employed if you need to cover all the topics on time. These preparation steps can also be employed in any other certification exam of Microsoft.
Collect the information you need to start:
Rather than visiting random scattered blogs or articles from any source, gather all of the information you need for the exam on the Microsoft official website. Nothing can be more trusted than this for preparing DP-100. You'll find a detailed complete exam breakdown explaining which domains will be covered by questions, and it also shows you which topics you need to address in each topic.
Start understanding from credible resources such as Microsoft forums and study guides:
Microsoft offers over 3000 learning lessons based on various potential applications around all the skills necessary in the DP-100 exam. Alternatively, you can enter a Koenig DP 100 training course and receive all of these tools as well as experienced mentoring. This provides you access to interactive laboratories and 1-on-1 personal training sessions to help you grasp the study material more thoroughly.
Use case studies, real-life events, and use cases to learn:
The DP-100 qualifying exam assesses a candidate's knowledge of different Microsoft Azure workloads. This necessitates a thorough understanding of Azure, both philosophically and in terms of its practical uses. You should be able to describe every Azure product available and how it can be used in the firm. This should not be a hindrance with extensive supervision and guided learning. This is just another reason to engage in a Koenig exam preparation course.4. Do as many practice tests as possible: Knowing the exam pattern can help you prepare for what is to come. You do not just comprehend the questions, but you also comprehend the perspective required in the exam setting. It also assists you in determining which areas need additional attention so that you really can devote additional resources to those sectors.
Revise as many times as you can
The more you practice or repeat any skill, the more proficient you will become. If you follow the above steps, no one can stop you from qualifying for the exam with a good score. The Microsoft Certified Azure Data Scientist Associate certification is standard for intermediate-level data scientists. It requires time and dedication to prepare for, but it is well worth the effort. This will train you for the future, increase your earning potential, and provide essential technical knowledge and abilities. Enroll in a training program today to take the first step.