The SAFe SASM certification exam is intended to enhance the skills of Scrum Masters in using scaling for large-scale enterprise projects. It covers topics beyond Scrum, such as Kanban, DevOps, Agile Engineering, Release Management, Continuous Improvement, and Agile Architecture. It serves as a foundation for becoming a SAFe Release Train Engineer.
This blog will delve into the specifics of the SAFe SASM certification, including its prerequisites, objectives, and benefits.
What is the SAFe Advanced Scrum Master certification?
The SAFe Advanced Scrum Master certification is an advanced-level certification tailored for experienced Scrum Masters who wish to demonstrate their proficiency as a team and program facilitator in large organizations. It provides practical knowledge to train Agile teams in increasing their organization's business value.
This certification is ideal for current Scrum Masters, Agile coaches, Agile program managers, Agile development managers and engineers, team leaders, project managers, potential Release Train Engineers, and all individuals who have the role and responsibilities of an Agile team facilitator in a SAFe or Agile setting.
You will learn the following:
- Explore and examine the role of the Scrum Master in the SAFe enterprise
- Build a high-performing team and foster relentless improvement at the scale
- Analyze and inspect the anti-patterns of Agile and Scrum
- Assist and facilitate the implementation of a program
- Refine and upgrade flow with Kanban and XP
- Build and strengthen high-performing teams
- Apply Inspect and Adapt to improve program performance
About the exam
The format of the SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) certification exam is multiple choice, with a duration of 120 minutes and a total of 60 questions. A passing score is 44 out of 60 (73%). The exam cost is as follows: the first attempt is free if taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
Who should take the SAFe Advanced Scrum Master certification?
The SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) certification is ideal for the following positions:
- Program or Project Manager
- Scrum Master or Release Train Engineer
- Program Manager or Business Analyst
- Agile Coach or Consultant
- SAFe Program Consultant
- Product Manager or Product Owner
What does SAFe Advanced Scrum Master do?
- Utilize SAFe principles to aid, empower, and guide in a multi-team setting.
- Incorporate scalable engineering practices, Kanban, DevOps, and Agile architecture to enhance workflow.
- Enhance their facilitation abilities for ART and team event planning, execution, and delivering end-to-end value.
- Establish communities of practice to support high-performing teams and ART efficiency.
- Effectively lead distributed teams in remote environments.
- Learn how communities of practice can support continuous improvement.
- Investigate practical ways of addressing Agile and Scrum anti-patterns in the enterprise.
The SAFe SASM certification exam is open to every professional, regardless of their experience level. However, it is highly recommended that individuals who intend to take the SAFe Advanced Scrum Master certification exam have one or more of the following certifications.
- SAFe Scrum Master (SSM)
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Professional Scrum Master (PSM)
Why SAFe SASM certification?
The need for Scrum Master skills is at an all-time high, and those with advanced SAFe skills in this field are often given leadership roles in the organization. Studies indicate that leadership positions tend to be held by a single dedicated Scrum Master.
The demand for skilled and qualified SASMs is expected to continue to rise. With the ability to implement the most capable and adaptable framework in the world, which is used by over seventy percent of Fortune 100 companies, earning the SAFe SASM certification can lead to greater career opportunities.