A SAFe Government Practitioner (SGP) professional is trained to lead Lean-Agile transformations within government agencies. They are responsible for creating high-performing teams and programs, managing technology investments, implementing Agile contracting, launching the program, and delivering value using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
What is the SAFe SGP certification?
The SAFe Government Practitioner (SGP) certification program is an entry-level certification focusing on using Lean-Agile practices in the public sector with SAFe. Many government agencies are now transitioning to Lean-Agile methods to achieve better outcomes for stakeholders, including civilians, contractors, and government and military personnel.
As a SAFe-certified professional, you will gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset and its importance for transformation. You will also receive practical guidance on building high-performing, multi-vendor Agile teams, and programs, managing technology investments in a Lean flow, acquiring solutions through Agile contracting, launching programs, and planning and delivering value using SAFe. Also, you will learn how specific leadership behaviors can drive successful organizational change, even in government.
About the exam
The SAFe Government Practitioner certification is a multiple-choice and multiple-select. The exam duration is 90 minutes. It consists of 45 questions, and a passing score of 73% is required to pass the exam. The exam is only available in English, and the cost of the first exam attempt is included in the course registration fee if it is taken within 30 days of course completion.
Topics covered in the exam
- Advancing Lean-Agile in government
- Embracing a Lean-Agile mindset
- Understanding SAFe Principles
- Creating high-performing Agile teams and programs
- Planning with cadence and synchronization
- Delivering value in Program Increments
- Mapping the path to agency and program agility
- Leading successful change
Who can take the SAFe Government Practitioner certification?
The SAFe Government Practitioner certification is ideal for government leaders and lead practitioners considering, planning, or promoting implementing Lean-Agile and DevOps practices using SAFe in their agencies, programs, or public sector organizations.
- Executives, directors, branch chiefs
- Managers of development, engineering, QA, architecture, operations, and support
- Program and project managers
- Program/Project Management Office (PMO)
Anyone can take the SAFe Government Practitioner certification, regardless of prior experience. However, candidates must meet the following requirements to sit for the exam:
- A fundamental understanding of the Agile Manifesto, SAFe House of Lean, and SAFe Principles through pre-work suggestions
- Familiarity with the entire lifecycle of government technology programs will be beneficial
- Participants who have registered will be given a list of recommended readings and videos related to Agile in government to review before the course.
What will you learn by taking the SGP certification exam?
- Transition government programs from traditional software and systems of development models to Lean-Agile and DevOps mindset, principles, and practices using SAFe
- Adapt technology strategy, budgeting and forecasting, acquisition, compliance, and governance processes to flow-based practices using emerging government guidelines
- Organize government programs into one or more Agile Release Trains (ARTs) and execute in Program Increments (PIs)
- Explore Large Solution coordination in a government and multi-vendor environment
- Identify and internalize the mindset and leader behaviors essential to successful Lean-Agile transformation
- Follow success patterns for SAFe implementations adapted to the government context
- Build a preliminary outline of the next steps to begin and/or accelerate the SAFe implementation in your program or agency
Want to take the SAFe Government Practitioner (SGP) certification exam?
The SAFe for Government certification exam is a well-known and sought-after credential requiring a solid understanding of the Scaled Agile Framework.
CBT Proxy can assist you if you want to pass the exam on your first try. Our pay-after-pass model means you only pay once you pass the exam. For more information on our proxy exam services, don't hesitate to get in touch with us by clicking the chat button below.