Effective technology and a strong architectural perspective are crucial for any successful solution. The SAFe for Architects certification equips System, Solution, and Enterprise Architects with the skills to lead and drive change across the organization. By obtaining the SAFe 5.1 Architect certification, you will be able to enhance collaboration and alignment within your enterprise to deliver top-notch architectural solutions.
As an architect in the constantly changing field, selecting a framework that prioritizes customer-focused technology design and development is a critical part of your role. The framework should adapt to rapidly changing requirements and earn the trust of both the business and the customer.
What is the SAFe Architect certification (ARCH) certification?
The SAFe Architect is an intermediate-level certification validating architects with the skills to become influential leaders and drivers of change within their organization. The Arch certification exam covers the duties and responsibilities of Agile architects, how to align architecture with the business to increase its value, and how to deliver architectural solutions by working with the system, solution, and enterprise architects.
It is most beneficial for product managers, Release Train engineers, software developers, enterprise architects, product leaders, and technical managers who make architectural decisions and work to provide ongoing value flow into the system by executing programs and directing Agile Release Trains.
It is recommended that candidates must have prior knowledge of Agile principles and practices and have completed at least one SAFe course before attending the SAFe Architect certification.
About the exam
The SAFe Architect exam is a multiple-choice and multiple-select exam with a duration of 120 minutes. It contains 60 questions, and a passing grade of 45 out of 60 (75%) is required. The exam is conducted in English, and the cost for the first attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if taken within 30 days of the course and completed before midnight on the last day.
Who can take the SAFe Architect certification exam?
The SAFe Architect Certification (ARCH) certification is ideal for the following job roles:
- Product Managers, Product Owners, Business Owners, and Business Analysts
- Solution, Program, and Portfolio Managers and Process Leads
- Enterprise, Solution, and System Architects
What's on the SAFe Architect certification exam?
Domain 1: Exemplifying Agile Architecture
- Describe Agile architecture
- Describe SAFe Architect roles and collaborations
- Architect using SAFe principles
Domain 2: Architecting for DevOps and Release on Demand
- Foster a DevOps culture
- Describe how value flows through the Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Architect for and facilitate Continuous Exploration
- Architect for Continuous Integration
- Architect for Continuous Deployment
- Architect for Release on Demand
Domain 3: Aligning Architecture with Business Value
- Describe how Strategic Themes, portfolio canvas, and Portfolio Vision influence architecture
- Explain how Value Streams support the business
- Explain how Solution Trains and Agile Release Trains deliver value
Domain 4: Developing Solution Vision, Solution Intent, and Roadmaps
- Align Solution Vision with Strategic Themes and Solution Context
- Contribute to Solution Intent
- Manage quality with nonfunctional requirements (NFRs) and the Lean quality management system (QMS)
- Contribute to Roadmaps
Domain 5: Preparing Architecture for PI Planning
- Contribute to the Program Backlog
- Sequence and prioritize work in the Program Backlog
- Contribute to Solution pre-PI Planning
Domain 6: Coordinating Architecture throughout PI Planning
- Contribute to PI Planning
- Contribute to management review and problem-solving
- Contribute to Solution post-PI Planning
Domain 7: Supporting Continuous Delivery during PI Execution
- Guide architecture and Continuous Delivery throughout the PI
- Prepare for Iteration Reviews and System and Solution Demos
- Relentlessly improve through Inspect and Adapt (I&A)
Domain 8: Supporting New Strategic Themes and Value Streams
- Align architecture to Enterprise strategy
- Evolve the Solution Portfolio
- Contribute Enabler Epics to the Portfolio Kanban
- Coordinate across Value Streams
Domain 9: Leading as an Architect during a Lean-Agile Transformation
- Describe how Architects perform as Lean-Agile leaders
- Describe how to lead the transition to Agile architecture during a transformation
- Develop an action plan to support your organization's transformation
Domain 10: Becoming a Certified SAFe Professional
- Becoming a Certified SAFe Professional
Why SAFe for Architects?
SAFe certification is a great way to boost your career in the IT industry. Among SAFe certifications, the Certified SAFe Architect is highly sought after in IT. It's one of the highest-paying certifications, even compared to non-SAFe certifications, with an average salary of over $140,000. It's an excellent opportunity for those looking to advance their career.
As SAFe is well-known and widely accepted by organizations around the globe, it's no surprise that certifications related to it can lead to some of the highest salaries for IT professionals. The Certified SAFe Architect certification can open doors to great job opportunities and accelerate your advancement toward a leadership role.
The final words
Today, customer-focused architects are more important than ever because environments, regulations, and market demands are changing quickly. In the future, more than traditional technology processes and working methods may be needed to keep up with these changes.
CBT Proxy must be your top choice if you're seeking to take the SAFe Architect certification exam and searching for a trustworthy proxy exam center. CBT Proxy has decade-long experience helping candidates pass their desired certification on the first try. To find out more about the proxy exam, reach out to us, and we'll assign a dedicated consultant to help you.