Becoming certified as a SAFe® release train engineer (RTE) is a smart career move. The RTE certification is an excellent tool to aid in organizational transformation.
It can also serve as a valuable stepping stone for those looking to transition into the software industry with a wealth of testing experience.
What is the SAFe Release Train Engineer (RTE) certification?
The SAFe Release Train Engineer (RTE) certification provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to lead a team effectively within a SAFe environment. As a servant leader and coach, you will use your expertise to aid organizations in executing programs and building high-performing ARTs.
With the current market volatility, globalization, and technological advancements, it becomes crucial for large organizations to adopt Agile transformation. The demand for Release Train Engineers is at an all-time high due to their specialized skills in managing stakeholder expectations and leading teams to deliver quality. No matter what industry you work in, you can take this exam if you want to work in a SAFe environment.
About the exam
Exam name: SAFe Release Train Engineer exam Exam format: Multiple-choice, multiple-select Exam duration: 120 minutes Number of questions: 60 Passing grade: 73% marks Language: English
- Effectively perform the role of the Release Train Engineer
- Apply Lean-Agile knowledge and tools to execute and release value
- Assist with program and large solution execution
- Foster relentless improvement
- Build a high-performing ART by becoming a servant leader and coach
- Develop an action plan to continue the learning journey
- Identifying SAFe essentials
- Learning the RTE role and responsibilities
- Understanding the ART
- Planning a Program Increment
- Executing a Program Increment
- Collaborating through Value Streams
- Fostering Relentless Improvement
- Coaching the ART
- Continuing the Learning Journey
Key areas of competency:
- Facilitating program-level ceremonies;
- Leading program execution;
- Coaching Agile Release Trains (ARTs) and Agile Teams in the relentless improvement of value delivery;
- Creating transparency using metrics to initiate and drive positive change;
- Facilitating resolution of dependencies, impediments, and risks.
How much does it cost to take the SAFe RTE certification?
The cost of the initial exam attempt is included with the course registration fee as long as the exam is taken within 30 days of completing the course.
What does the SAFe Release Train Engineer (RTE) do?
- Managing and optimizing the flow of value through the ART.
- Communicating and implementing annual calendars for Iterations and Program Increments (PIs).
- Facilitating the PI planning event.
- Monitoring the use of capabilities and features.
- Collaborating with teams and System & Solution Architects/Engineering.
- Managing and escalating risks and impediments.
- Assisting teams with decision-making by facilitating feature and capability estimation.
Who can take the SAFe RTE certification?
The SAFe Release Train Engineer is a certification program for experienced Scrum Masters looking to advance their careers by leading Agile Release Trains at the program level.
- RTEs and Solution Train Engineers (STEs)
- Program and project managers
- Scrum Masters
- Leaders and managers
- Agile coaches
- SAFe Program Consultants (SPCs)
Why become a SAFe Release Train Engineer?
The rapidly changing global landscape, volatile markets, and technological advancements make it essential for organizations to embrace Agile transformation to stay competitive. The SAFe framework from Scaled Agile, Inc is the preferred choice for over seventy percent of Fortune 100 companies undergoing enterprise-wide Agile transformation.
By becoming a SAFe Release Train Engineer, you will join a select group of highly demanding SAFe experts among top companies. RTEs are valued for their specialized skills in prioritization, stakeholder management, and aligning teams to deliver value. Earn your SAFe RTE certification, enhance your abilities in Agile, and become a leader in Agile transformation.
Impact of the SAFe RTE certification
With a SAFe Release Train Engineer (RTE) certification, you will be a vital part of leading an Agile Release Train to deliver value at scale. Overcome challenges related to aligning large development programs and gain a strong understanding of scaling Lean practices.
Improve communication with stakeholders, manage risk, and strive for constant improvement. The SAFe RTE certification is a recognition granted by Scaled Agile to individuals who pass the SAFe RTE certification exam, demonstrating their knowledge and understanding of the subject.
Benefits of earning the SAFe RTE certification
- Earning the SAFe Practitioner (SP) certification can help you develop your skills in coordinating multiple teams, which is crucial for Enterprise Transformation.
- The certification also provides knowledge about applying Lean principles to software development.
- It allows you to join a community where you can share your experiences and learn from others.
- The certification also allows flexibility in choosing to work on one project at a time and easily transition between projects.
- It improves teamwork by enabling team leaders to set clear expectations and fostering better communication and collaboration among team members.
The final words
The Release Train Engineer (RTE) is an essential part of the leadership team, including product managers and system architects. The RTE is vital in leading Agile Release Trains (ARTs) to deliver value.
To accomplish this, the RTE must create an appropriate environment, have the necessary conversations, facilitate formal meetings, and assemble the correct people to make decisions based on accurate data.